boymommy3x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    moistmeme.jpg

Haha!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    mamarissy wrote: »
    I had a friend tell me today that while I'm cleaning, cooking, etc., I should rub lotion on my stomach and wrap myself tightly with saran wrap. She said it's supposed to make you sweat and help you lose inches. Has anybody else heard of this? Or is it a real thing?

This fad has been around for a really long time (like decades). And no, it doesn't work.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
  • Backagainbbg340
    Backagainbbg340 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Bill used to love this method of weight loss for his girls :s
  • PikaKnight
    Options

tumblr_mv2va4joq41slwgijo1_500.gif
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    I had a friend tell me today that while I'm cleaning, cooking, etc., I should rub lotion on my stomach and wrap myself tightly with saran wrap. She said it's supposed to make you sweat and help you lose inches. Has anybody else heard of this? Or is it a real thing?

This fad has been around for a really long time (like decades). And no, it doesn't work.

Yes, you can pay people to do this to you.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options

LMAO! Good one! I love it!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work for fat loss and it sounds miserable. The one word that comes to mind is moist.

And now I hate you...
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it and I guess people do it, but in and of itself, it won't make you lose weight.

It would be nice, though!
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. Thanks for the giggles!
  • Milabella
    Milabella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My ex was a wrestler in school and used to do all sorts of shenanigans like this to make weight for his match. I don't need to go into detail but they were temporary and unsafe.
  • boymommy3x
    boymommy3x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    fi_b wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious. Thanks for the giggles!

I couldn't agree more! I didn't expect my one stupid question to get so many hilarious responses! I love it! Haha
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Did someone say Moist?

dh020.jpg?w=490&h=280
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Last year I was looking at cards and found this one. It was weird enough for me to take a picture.

x5jotaml9mio.jpg

wtd9obcl30ty.jpg

• PikaKnight
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Did someone say Moist?

dh020.jpg?w=490&h=280

For bringing up Dr. Horrible....you win!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Last year I was looking at cards and found this one. It was weird enough for me to take a picture.

x5jotaml9mio.jpg

wtd9obcl30ty.jpg

omg hahah what an intense card to give someone hahaha
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry I opened this thread, but I have only myself to blame for reading through to to the very end.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Wasn't it mentioned in The Whistle Stop Cafe? (Not the part where she meets her husband only in Saran Wrap). It may have only been in the book, not movie.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »

Wasn't it mentioned in The Whistle Stop Cafe? (Not the part where she meets her husband only in Saran Wrap). It may have only been in the book, not movie.

Leftovers again??? :wink: