Staying with it!!

Options
I hate how hard it is to stay eating the right stuff when you see someone else with a big juicy hamburger!! Does anyone else have this problem??? Suggestions on how to over power the cravings??

Replies

• newks2lose
    newks2lose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    have a big juicy piece of ... chicken! haha!! good luck
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If I can't think of a way to make it fit into my goals (and there often is a way), then I just remind myself of my goals. I have things I want to accomplish that go beyond what I will be eating in my next meal.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Eat a medium-sized, or small, juicy hamburger.

It's not really a question of the "right stuff."
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Incorporate that hamburger into one of your days. You might later find out that the hamburger might not be that delicious for you to really cut back on your other meals (or you might find out that it's completely worth it and won't mind having to adjust the rest of your day's food for it).
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Are you letting yourself get too hungry? I find I resist cravings better if I don't let myself get to the point of starving. When I'm starving, everything sounds good and my goals don't matter.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a hamburger? If it fits in your calories/macros, it's ok to eat as long as it fits in your mouth... although you might want to chew it. Sometimes I forget that step and it's never pretty.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything within your calorie goal.
    I had a big fat juicy burger for dinner last night, with salad (which I prefer over fries) which saves a bucket load of calories.

Maybe if you are out with friends save a few calories during the day so you can have more for dinner.

Cheers, h.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Absolutely this!
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Its hard! I use takehome boxes alot
  • Brittbell87
    Brittbell87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Haha!! Yeah I know what you mean it is hard to think about chewing when something that good is in there. I'll resist it because I feel like I'm only cheating myself if I eat one, but I know I shouldn't deprive myself of it at the same time. Y'all have some good ideas. Thank you!
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    newks2lose wrote: »
    have a big juicy piece of ... chicken! haha!! good luck

I was thinking about the last time I had chicken when every one else was having a burger, Labor Day. The next day, I hit a mini-goal, 20% lighter than the day I started my current weight loss journey, and I have continued to lose weight. The sacrifice I made by eating a leaner, less calorie dense, meat and all the others I have are my reward. I have enjoyed a sustainable weight loss that has lasted for almost 2 months longer than the time I would have spent enjoying the burger on Labor Day. I second
    If I can't think of a way to make it fit into my goals (and there often is a way), then I just remind myself of my goals. I have things I want to accomplish that go beyond what I will be eating in my next meal.

• DeguelloTex
    Options
    100g of 93/7 ground beef is 152 calories. 100g of chicken breast is 120 calories.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    100g of 93/7 ground beef is 152 calories. 100g of chicken breast is 120 calories.
    Yes but, I would have had a bun and condiments with the burger, adding another 120 calories at least.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I hate how hard it is to stay eating the right stuff when you see someone else with a big juicy hamburger!! Does anyone else have this problem??? Suggestions on how to over power the cravings??

what's wrong with a hamburger...i grill 'em up regularly. i use 93/7...like DeguelloTex pointed out...it's a handful more calories than the same amount of chicken breast would be and that's it.

there's a lot more to "healthy" and proper nutrition than just vegetables, nuts, and berries...
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    Let's say that's true. That's a 272 calorie burger that's going to lose very little weight when cooked. That's pretty feasible even on 1200 a day.

If you go protein style and lose the bun, or cut a bun in half, you've knocked off a big chunk of that extra 120. Lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, jalapeño, and mustard have negligible calories.

It's absolutely doable at almost any realistic calorie goal, especially if planned for.
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I have that big juicy hamburger but just half of it. I save the other half for lunch or dinner the next day.
  • Brittbell87
    Brittbell87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lesaw01 wrote: »
    Most of the time I have that big juicy hamburger but just half of it. I save the other half for lunch or dinner the next day.

That's a good idea!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

+1
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Whenever my boyfriend and I eat out at a restaurant, he orders the highest calorie (and tastiest looking, I have to say!) meal on the menu! I always try and find something delicious but lower cal - but his always, always has me drooling! :D My advice? Order that gorgeous looking burger, eat half and save the rest for dinner! :]