My Sweet Tooth Problem.. HELP

Options
hey guys,

I have a sweet tooth.. i love me some candy (probably helped me pack on some of these unwanted pounds) But now that i'm on this healthy trip with MFP i've done ok so far with avoiding sweets... its only been a week though...

HOWEVER, i'm starting to crave it again... i feel i may crack, but i dont want to...

could u suggest some candy alternatives for me? PS Fruits dont help the sweet tooth.

** So far sugar free snack pack puddings help a lil...

Replies

• kimberlygo
    kimberlygo Posts: 74
    Options
    100 calorie snacks, espcially the chocolate covered pretzels and the mini pop tarts.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You can have a treat just make sure it fits into you day. Also portion control. If you try to give it up all together you will not stick with it. PORTION< PORTION< PORTION.
  • flojohns
    flojohns Posts: 6
    Options
    I really like caramel rice cakes, or any sweet flavored rice cake.
  • Hart2008
    Hart2008 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The Fiber One 90 calorie brownies are yummy! I also like honey roasted peanuts - just enough sweet. I've also snacked on frosted mini-wheats, chocolate cheerios. If I'm really craving, I usually turn to snack size York peppermint patties - just 1 or 2.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Sugar Free hard candy.

Sugar Free gum

Don't buy any bad stuff. DON'T DO IT.
  • MNPierce80
    MNPierce80 Posts: 21
    Options
    If you like baked goods then I reccomend 100 calorie snacks. Fiber One makes a pretty good chocolate fudge brownie bar that is 90 cals. My favorite is banana pudding. So I use ramekins (small dishes) and make small portions with reduced fat vanilla wafers. Sometimes frsh fruit can help with the sweet tooth as well. Since it's been hot lately, sugar free popsicles may do the trick as well. Good Luck with finding a satisfactory snack!
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    From a fellow choco-holic - I love the Yoplait delights chococlate yogurt parfait. 100 calories. It is so friggin awesome!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Sweets were my weakness. I would recommend getting rid of all those types of foods from your house and don't buy them anymore. It's hard at first, but going cold turkey works. I very rarely crave any sweets now and if I do, it doesn't stick around long.
  • MNPierce80
    MNPierce80 Posts: 21
    Options
    also try a little light/ fat free whipped topping on your pudding snacks.
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have a HUGE sweet tooth too. When I tried to cut it out completely I ended up binging on it. So instead I allow myself to have something sweet for dessert, everyday. I just make sure that I have enough calories for it. That way I can still have what I like and not have to deal with the horrible cravings. Also you could try getting the mini candies or cut a regular in half.
    Good luck =)
  • bluebelle00
    Options
    When I'm craving candy, I suck on Lifesaver's Mints. They're only 15 calories each vs 40-50 for a Hershey miniature.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    REMEMBER: the problem with artificial sweeteners is that it tends to make people crave more sweets which in turn may cause a binge in real sweets. BE AWARE and be in control. Good luck!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    its only been a week, you will stop craving bad foods once you stop eating them :)
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are awesome! i really appreciate the suggestions... will visit my supermarket later.. did i mention ya'll are awesome?
  • dikent
    dikent Posts: 24
    Options
    I have a wicked "sweet tooth" and I do not make any food a "no-no". I have, however, made sure I read the label and watch portion sizes. One night I was craving my Haggen Daz coffee ice cream. I took 4 Tbsp (1/2 of a serving) and that was enough to satisfy my craving without totally blowing my caloric intake for the day. I find that if I don't give into a craving, I will end up on a binge and that is something I want to avoid at all costs.

Also, make sure you are drinking enough water and are eating plenty of healthy stuff. I find when I don't drink enough, I am more apt to crave junk food.

Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • jaded1
    jaded1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself a treat:

Mini ice cream cup

A classic popsicle

A mini cup cake

Cut a cinnabun into quarters and save/share the rest

idk if sugar free hard candies are good

trail mix

fruit roll-up

jello
  • somarmedia
    Options
    Protein Shakes - Super High in Good Nutrients and come in a number of flavors. CHOCOLATE........need I say more and you can drink them 3 times a day. Which means that you will be getting the extra protein less carbs and all the SWEET TOOTH SATISFATION you can consume.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    REMEMBER: the problem with artificial sweeteners is that it tends to make people crave more sweets which in turn may cause a binge in real sweets. BE AWARE and be in control. Good luck!

i''m not a fan of the artificial sweeteners neither... people say they dont taste a difference.. but i sure do.. yuck. (yea, even with splenda though thats not as bad)

i think allowing a lil into my diet might help till i'm not so dependent on it
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    You can have a sweet any day that you need to as long as you log it and count it. Try Deep Chocolate Vitatops--100 cals. Skinny Cow Ice Cream snacks--usually 140 cals.
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    I like those "smooshed fruit" strips. You can buy them individually to ensure portion control...and I'd suggest that rather than buying a box. When I feel the need for sugar, one piece will hardly suffice!! (sadly)

http://www.stretchislandfruit.com/

They have many different types of strips...and rolls, etc. (Also, Target has their own brand of the smooshed fruit that is less expensive. It doesn't "feel" as healthy to me but something to check out.)