Horrible food cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    The only thing is if I eat a little of a bad food I usually cannot control myself and eat way too much

I'm the same with some trigger foods so I just don't have them in the house. But I don't eliminate all ice cream or all candy or whatever. I can keep mini cups of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, which do not come in my favorite flavors, in the freezer, but no longer buy the pints of my favorite flavors.

I don't have Oreos, M&Ms, or Girl Scout Cookies in the house, but I do have 70 calories worth of high quality dark chocolate every day.

Also, I am more likely to have food cravings if I haven't eaten enough or didn't get enough sleep, so I try to prevent that from happening.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    This is very helpful, stay strong :)6qrfi382synf.jpeg

So the next time I want to smoke a joint, I should just have some raw cabbage juice instead?

It's good to know that when I craved cigarettes, it wasn't because I was addicted to nicotine. It was because I just needed more vitamin C.

Muhahaha.

Seriously, those charts are a joke. When I crave chocolate, nothing but chocolate will do.

OP, I just give in to my cravings, but in moderation. Sometimes I crave something specific and it takes me 3 weeks to find a day when I have the calories for it, but when I could just eat 100 calories of chocolate to satisfy a craving, I find it silly to restrict myself. It's only 100 calories. If I deny myself the food, I'm more likely to binge the next time I give in. I have no plans to stop eating that stuff forever.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    This is very helpful, stay strong :)6qrfi382synf.jpeg

No, just no.

Let's stay away from fake science.
  • ath322
    ath322 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Going through the same...luckily I have exercise cals to eat if I need lol. For when I'm craving something sweet that a piece of fruit can't satisfy, i eat a 100 cal Greek yogurt or 90 cal fiber one brownie. 100 cal pop secret popcorn bags are good to have on hand. Also sipping on hot tea helps. Gl...we can fight these cravings! :)