Wholewheat spaghetti with garlic chicken and spinach

Options
oBirdieo
oBirdieo Posts: 148
I had this for lunch today and it's definitely one of my favourite meals. It's good enough to serve to company!

And, little NSV -- today was the first time I've made it with spinach and I actually ate it! For reals! Me! Spinach! Who knew?

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 150g raw)
1 tsp dried thyme
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 small tomato, seeded and chopped into small pieces
1 small handful baby spinach leaves, cut into thin strips (about 20g)
12 sprays Fry-light (or Pam)
1 tsp olive oil
2 oz uncooked whole wheat spaghetti (60g)
1/2 oz grated grana padano cheese (15g)

Prepare the spaghetti according to package instructions. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the cooking water.

In the meantime, cut the chicken breast into bite-size pieces and season with thyme and garlic salt to taste. Sautee the chicken pieces in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes until nearly cooked through. Spray the pan with Fry-light or Pam and add the garlic and tomatoes. Continue to cook for another minute or two until the chicken is fully cooked and the tomato pieces are just starting to break down. Add about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and turn the heat to low. Add the spinach and stir until just wilted. Pour the spaghetti into the pan with the chicken mixture and toss until the noodles are coated and everything is nicely mixed. Top with the grated cheese.

Serves 1. 494 cal / 43 carb / 13 fat / 6 fiber / 48 protein / 4 sat fat

For a lower fat version, omit the olive oil and use 24 sprays of Fry-light and use half the cheese. That version =

438 cal / 43 carb / 8 fat / 6 fiber / 45 protein/ 1 sat fat

Replies