Help :(

Options
I'm trying to stay within my 1300 calories and stop eating junk except on my cheat day. I keep nibbling, though. Was wondering if anyone could motivate.

Replies

• incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Because my limits for sugar and fat on MFP are low and I want to try to keep within them as much as possible and stay within my calorie limits.
  • stephanie_queen
    stephanie_queen Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am the same way but for the past pew days I have been replacing all snacks with green tea. I end up drinking around 4-6 cups a day. Now the tea it's self won't make you lose weight but for me, it made me feel full and not hungry therefore helping me snack less. Honestly, by doing that and exercising an hour a day, I have lost four pounds in 3 days
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    I'm trying to stay within my 1300 calories and stop eating junk except on my cheat day. I keep nibbling, though. Was wondering if anyone could motivate.
    Have you considered eating a bit more every day rather than having a cheat day? You can eat the foods you like and, as long as you have a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. I aim for 80% of my calories from nutrient-dense foods and 20% from treat foods every day. That way, I don't feel deprived and it's easier to stick with the calorie deficit.
    Because my limits for sugar and fat on MFP are low and I want to try to keep within them as much as possible and stay within my calorie limits.
    The sugar goal is set low (it should really just be the goal for added sugar) and sugar is already counted as part of carbs anyway. Many people follow something else, like fiber.

You can adjust the macros (like fat) to something more satisfying for you. The recommended ranges are:

carbs: 45-65% of calories
    fat: 20-35%
    protein: 10-35%

Find a macro balance that works for you and keeps you satiated.
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any particular health problems, you don't have to limit your sugar, nor the fat. It's good that you limit the junk food, but if you are feeling that it's hard to be on track, try to insert some food that you like, everyday, not just once a week.
    Also be sure that 1300 is really the maximum you can eat, most people really can eat more than that and still lose weight. You could also add cardio exercises and get to eat 100/200 calories more.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I am the same way but for the past pew days I have been replacing all snacks with green tea. I end up drinking around 4-6 cups a day. Now the tea it's self won't make you lose weight but for me, it made me feel full and not hungry therefore helping me snack less. Honestly, by doing that and exercising an hour a day, I have lost four pounds in 3 days

Not good. Crash diets lead to bingeing and yo-yo-ing.

You should eat whatever foods you like and just stay at your calorie limit.

That's the sustainable way to learn healthy habits for life while losing weight.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Why do you need to cheat on yourself?

You should be nice to yourself, and eat the foods you love while staying within your calorie limit.

I've lost 22 kg in 6 months doing that, and haven't had to cheat or go over my calorie limit once.

Moderation is the way to healthy habits for life.

And remember to eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories, because MFP already lets you lose weight with your calorie limit.
  • rayrayfitz2
    rayrayfitz2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the cheat day. You can eat a whole weeks calorie deficiency in one meal. Cheat days really don't work. I eat 1340 calls a day, but I'm really 5'1. If I want more calls I exercise/swim. I don't 'hold' calls as I feel like if I do I'm not eating enough. There's no point cal counting for 6 days to be in a deficit, just to have one day when you eat it all back - and maybe more.