How do you log zumba?

Options
I want to start zumba, but dont know how to log it as an exercise? Do i just log it as dancing? Or cardio? Or do i need to find some way of working out how many calories i've burned?

Thanks

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Log it as Zumba. You can add it to your list. To find out how many calories you burn doing Zumba do a Google search and you should be able to plug in your weight, gender, data. I burn over 500 calories because my Zumba class is very intense. :) Don't log it as something it is not!!!
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I log mine as general aerobics xxx
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I logged mine as "High Intensity Aerobics". I got an HRM for Christmas and when I started using it I noticed that the amount was VERY close to the calories MFP was giving me for "High Intensity Aerobics" :)
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    i started with logging it as high impact aerobics, and then when I got my HRM polar FT4 I started logging it as zumba with the exact calories my HRM recorded which is usually approx 600-650 for 60 mins. But we are all different and the classes are a bit different with different instructors.
    xxx
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I log it as dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist (something like that). The calculator and my HRM give roughly the same amount of calories burned only if I'm sweating buckets and gasping for breath - the way I like it at Zumba!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i put 10 calories per minute. i work super hard so im sure i burn more than that, but rather be on the safe side.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I log it as dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist (something like that). The calculator and my HRM give roughly the same amount of calories burned only if I'm sweating buckets and gasping for breath - the way I like it at Zumba!

You should name it as Zumba in your log so that you can have it listed separately. That way in your tracking you know what it is and you have the calories match what you have on your HRM. It's easy to add something to your list so that it's always there to select from.