For those that do not eat breakfast? Explain how you do it?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I used to not like breakfast foods much, and so I'd eat a salad for breakfast (since I am hungry in the morning now) or just some leftovers from dinner. There's no need to eat breakfast food (or breakfast, of course).

Oddly enough, I've somehow started to really enjoy eggs and even oatmeal, though.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    At work by 8, coffee with creamer until usually 12-1pm, unless I am really hungry I will eat a snack before, but that then pushes lunch out till even later.

Dinner is at different times depending on schedule, but usually between 7-830pm.

I found when I ate breakfast at 8am, I still felt the need to eat lunch at the same time. So I just stopped forcing the breakfast.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got up at 7am, had coffee and water until 1:30 when I ate lunch. The last thing I ate was at 9pm. I'm just not nearly as hungry in the morning as I am at night.

That
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I never eat before 11 or so - I have no hunger at all when I wake up. Between 11 and 4 I usually just eat two granola or protein bars. At around 5:30 I eat my one big meal, sometimes split into two parts. I usually have about a 200 calorie snack at 9 PM or so.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    5 am wake up. Work by 610, 2-3 cups of black coffee + 1-2 cups of water. Lunch @ noon, occasionally 11 am if I'm starved. I'm typically done eating by 8- 9 the latest at night. I am far less hungry when I don't eat in the morning. If I eat anything early on, I'm continuously looking for more. If people bring in donuts, & I feel like having one, I'll save it until lunch time.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Generally, I eat one egg for breakfast. Sometimes I blow it off. I always have coffee though. It's my special thing I refuse to give up. And as long as I'm keeping my caloric deficit..... But on the days I don't eat breakfast, I usually get up at 7/730 and eat around 1030/11. On days when I have the egg about 730/745, I don't eat again until almost 1. Cause I get side stitches if I eat before cardio, which I do during baby naptime at 1230.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Also hypoglycemic and I find the symptoms are better controlled the less frequently I eat...I usually get up at 5:30...have 2 cups of water before 7...a cup of coffee around 8...lunch around 1...dinner around 7...water the rest of the time - probably 12 total cups a day...if I start to get that shaky/sleepy/low sugar feeling then I will eat either before lunch or between meals, but for me the more frequently I eat the more frequently I seem to bottom out, so I have fewer episodes if I eat larger meals less frequently than when I was eating every 2-4 hours.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I think it's just what feels natural for some people. I do tend to prefer later dinners and evening snacks. I also find coffee tides me over. Sometimes I have a small breakfast around 9:00. Examples would be an apple or a yogurt cup. Maybe cottage cheese. One of those, not all at once.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm just hardly ever hungry in the morning, it's not something I do on purpose really.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I'm just used to it since way back in high school. Get up, get ready, and out the door. So I get hungry around 5-6 hrs after I'm up.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Ex: you wake up at 6 am 6:15
    And you eat nothing until noon? Usually about 2 p.m.
    Just water? tea and water, sometimes almond milk
    At what time do you eat dinner? 8:00 - 9:00 p.m usually
    Do you eat late-night snacks? I got to bed shortly after dinner but sometimes I have a small snack/dessert
    People can really go that long without any food? it doesn't seem that long really. 10-11 p.m. - 2 p.m. next day is 15-16 hrs. 6 p.m. dinner to 8 a.m. breakfast is 14 hrs.

I've eaten this way for most of my adult life, it's not a weight loss thing. Even as a child I usually had a light breakfast and lunch and ate most of my food at night.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6-7 and drink tea with full fat milk,300 ml all up all morning, which equates to around 7 cups of tea. Will have lunch around 1pm, and dinner at 5:30-6pm. It's the milk in the morning that keeps me full, without that I would most definitely get hungry.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Once you get in the habit of it it's a lot easier I promise. I usually drink tea or coffe then water until noon or later.
  • WastedGetsSmaller
    WastedGetsSmaller Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm never hungry in the morning. I don't start to feel hungry until at least 12pm. It's usually more like 2pm. I am finished all my meals by 5pm. 6pm at the latest.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat until 12-3pm. I just have coffee and water. I am not that hungry because I eat 90% of my calories before bed.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Up at 6:30, green tea on the way to work, black coffee at work, then onto lemongrass and ginger tea, lunch around 2, dinner around 7, maybe some ice cream around 9, bed by 11. I don't get hungry in the morning much and find that I don't get snacky until I eat. So if I hold off eating until the afternoon, I eat less over all.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if people who don't eat in the morning exercise in the morning? I mean, I could exercise on an empty stomach if I did it first thing, but I have to wait 2-3 hours typically and then it's just not possible.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Up at 5.30.
    Work out, green tea, three mile walk to work.
    Lunch usually about one o'clock.
    Dinner around 7-7.30 when I get in from work.
    No snacking.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not much of a breakfast eater; I really love cereal but I eat it around 11 - 11:30 and I'm up at 7AM most days.
    I put it in under breakfast when I log, but it more realistically a lunch.
    I just don't feel hungry when I wake up; never have. Unless I am hung over or had something to eat within an hour of going to bed. Then, for whatever reason, I wake up famished. O.o
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast on the weekends so I can bank my calories for nighttime- I drink lots of coffee. I only get hungry for a solid breakfast if I'm at work moving around.