I really messed up today.....

Options
2»

Replies

• lthur714
    lthur714 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    That's so not a binge! You could burn that off, easy! Be easier on yourself. <3

I'll try to do that! Thank you!
  • lthur714
    Options
    Hang in there. I have used mfp for a little over a year. I go off of my diet every weekend. My "treat" to myself. To this day im 100 pds lighter by counting calories. A one day binge is not going to destroy your diet. It may play with your motivation if you let it. Stay strong. You can do it

I don't think I'd ever lose any weight if I went off every weekend. I think my metabolism is in the toilet and that's why it's so slow for me. Congratulations on the 100 lbs weight loss. That is incredible. Thanks for the pep talk!
  • lthur714
    Options
    @Ithur714 these things happen.

Log it. Learn from it (it sounds as though you have a bit of an understanding as to why it happened, so that insight can be invaluable for the next time you feel this way). Move onwards and upwards....leave the guilt behind.

You are Human being and we all have days we are less than 'perfect' (whatever that means to you).....a few tips like making sure you are well hydrated, having other lower calorie snacks available to you when urges strike and making sure you are aiming at too high a deficit too all may help avoid these issues in the future.

All the best.

Thank you for your suggestions. My problem is that I am married to a guy who really likes his junk food sweets. Impossible to keep them out of the house (what I'd like to do), but I have found that grapes are a good snack for me and they're almost no calories. My calories for the day are 1200 but I feel as long as I'm around 1200-1400 then I feel pretty good about that. Some days you just cannot stick to it like you would want to. Thank you for your advice and encouragement.
  • lthur714
    Options
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    That's so not a binge! You could burn that off, easy! Be easier on yourself. <3

I know you are right. Just at the moment I did it, it made me feel bad. Trying not to be so hard on myself.
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm so hungry after reading this. I better go to bed early.
  • lthur714
    Options
    I'm so hungry after reading this. I better go to bed early.

That is an easy way to avoid the kitchen (smile)!