PF Changs

Options
marnieinMB
marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
Having lunch at Pf Changs today for my sis in laws bday. Not my choice.

Looking at their menu is scary! I am guessing I will have a cup of Hot and Sour Soup and the steamed Buddhas Feast with brown rice.

Any other suggestions? I like to keep my meals below 300 but will go as far as 400 since I just woke up and will not be having breakfast.

Replies

• Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I remember having some of the Dan Dan Noodles, I believe the sodium was higher, but calories lower. A little spicy. Might check it out. My favorite!! ENJOY!!
  • NyCPudge
    NyCPudge Posts: 2
    Options
    You should have a fruit for breakfast to start your metabolism. I would get whatever you feel comofortable with and just add in excercise to make up for the excess calories.
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You should have a fruit for breakfast to start your metabolism. I would get whatever you feel comofortable with and just add in excercise to make up for the excess calories.

I LOVE your profile picture!!!!!!!!
  • NyCPudge
    NyCPudge Posts: 2
    Options

I LOVE your profile picture!!!!!!!!

Thank you...BEEFCAKE!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'd skip the soup due to the high amount of sodium.
  • iteachfirst
    iteachfirst Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One chicken lettuce wrap is 160 calories (so you could have 2)
    or the spring rolls are only 155 calories for 2 without sauce. I just checked with the Calorie King. LOL!
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    ask for steamed veggies. I'm sure they'll comply
  • forbessw
    forbessw Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Asian Marinated NY strip - 583 calories
    Wild alaskan salmon steamed w/ ginger - 330 calories
    almond & cashew chicken with brown rice lunch bowl - 535 calories
    pan-fried peking dumplings - 372 calories
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Just know that if you have the soup your scale will jump up for the next couple of days. Everytime i eat out with high salt y foods I gain 2 to 5 lbs the next day. it will go down eventually. drink lots of water to flush it. Check out the veggie dishes and white rice.
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I remember having some of the Dan Dan Noodles, I believe the sodium was higher, but calories lower. A little spicy. Might check it out. My favorite!! ENJOY!!

I LOVE the Dan Dan noodles. The sodium is pretty high, but the calorie count is lower if you eat what the serving size calls for.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    PF changs lists their nutrition information online-its nice since it tells you how many calories etc per serving, but it also tells you how many servings the dish is that is served to you.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Most of the Fish items (Mahi Mahi and Salmons) are somewhat low in calories. I like the Stir fry Eggplant but only eat one portion not the whole plate lol. (4 portions per plate) I also like the Sichuan Shrimp but its alittle high in sodium but besides that not too bad. If your going to have rice have either brown rice or the vegetable fried rice at most. I usually save PF Changs for a cheat day once a month. Either way try to enjoy the celebration!!!