Jillian Michael's one big tip

Options
OK, there are so many of us who want to lose weight. If you had to pass along your one big tip, what would it be?

"You have got to educate yourself. The mistake that people make is they're very quick to jump on the bandwagon of the latest fast fix. People go about these things without proper information. The truth of the matter is that weight loss is really nothing other than addition and subtraction. And if you know how many calories you're eating and how many calories are in your food and how many calories you're burning a day, you can lose weight. Period. End of story." - Jillian Michael

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/balancedliving/jillian-michaels-simple-weight-loss-tip/81

Shes definitely changed lives and a motivator for me! :bigsmile:

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well to stay with Jillian Michales quotes, this one is a huge tip for exercise..

"Unless you Puke, Faint, or Die, KEEP GOING." --Jillian Michael

I told myself this last night, and I was able to run 4 miles non stop. I thought about quitting so many times, but this kept playing in my head. I felt amazing, and sooo light headed when I was done, but WOW I impressed myself.
  • jessical30
    jessical30 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is so true!! Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • marathonmommy0205
    Options
    I just love that tip!
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's really all there is to it. I used to jump on any bandwagon that came out, too. No carb, low carb, weight watchers (although that's a relatively sane one), cutting some foods out completely, eating only one food, slim fast. You name it. But the thing is you have to find something that's actually sustainable. Some people don't get that there is no "quick fix". Sure, you can go on the Special K diet and eat only that for breakfast and lunch for two weeks. And maybe you'll lose weight. But once you stop, you're going to go right back to your old habits and it will come right back on.

I feel like the physical aspects of weight loss are simple, as Jillian said. But it's the psychological that comes into play when it comes to being on plan long-term, and maintaining your weight once you get there.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love it!! I have so many friends advise me to try the grapefruit diet, the cabbage soup diet, etc to lose weight but it all comes down to knowing what calories are going in for the long-run!
  • prissa1960
    prissa1960 Posts: 19
    Options
    I love all of these post. I will have to look into Jillian more. :)
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I like these 2:

"Why choose to fail when success is an option?"
    — Jillian Michaels

"Do you realize that there is nothing in our genes that tells us when to die? There are genetic codes that tell us how to grow, how to breathe, and how to sleep, but NOTHING that tells us to die. So why do we? Because we literally rust and decay our bodies from the inside out with poor food and lifestyle choices."
    — Jillian Michaels (Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!)