NSV-Small to some but massive to me!!!

Options
Raebug123
Raebug123 Posts: 79 Member
Ok so I've never been a runner/jogger and normally on a good day I could jog for MAYBE a min if i was really lucky a minute and a half (always done in 1min intervals). Today at the gym it was just me so i thought ok let's do this. I jogged my first 1min interval no problem at all got ready for the next one passed with flying colors and still feeling fine, Lets try for the third (now you should know I had my MP3 going) I'm really wrapped up in the song that's playing not watching my minute go by like normal and I jog for 2mins straight! I feel good!!! Ok I tell myself with the time left I can squeeze in one more interval and I just did a two min jog so......lets do it again!!!!! So again I know it may seem small to some but this is a MAJOR victory for me 6mins of jogging (granted not all at once) at 4mph (maybe this is a brisk walk to some but it's jogging to me) when I use to die trying to do just 1min. I've got to yell it out...............
I FREAKING ROCK!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I bet you feel fantastic, be proud!
  • abgoins512
    abgoins512 Posts: 41
    Options
    You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tisgriggs
    tisgriggs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Congratulations!
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I know exactly how you feel!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up, your gonna be pushing for 5 straight minutes before you know it.
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    Yes you do! Keep up the good work!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yay, thats how I started! Now I can jog 8 minutes and then make a 2min brisk walking break and go like this for several miles!
    You will be amazed at each progress, good luck fellow runner!
    You can add me as a friend for mutual motivation, if you wish;)
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Awesome. A GREAT milestone! :drinker:
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I bet that felt awesome! I cant wait to do the same!
  • mychirona
    mychirona Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The feeling of breaking through to the next level is fantastic, isn't it!
  • krlaws2
    krlaws2 Posts: 47
    Options
    That is a great milestone. That's how I started out on my treadmill and felt the exact same way you did.

Congrats!
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    woohoo!! good for you!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You do FREAKING ROCK! That's awesome! I was the same way. Started at 60 seconds at a time and made it to 90 and I thought I was going to die.. I felt like it was a miracle when I made it 7 whole minutes... very slow, mind you but 7 minutes none the less! I think you're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!