Need to prevent holiday weight gain - Hydroxycut Elite vs Liporidex Max15

Options
I’ve used multiple hydroxcyut products over the years, to varied degrees of success. most recently, the elite and SX7. Heading into the holiday season, I usually like to stay on a fat burner or appetite suppressant to help keep my hunger in check and give me a nice energy boost as the days get shorter.

I’ve been hearing about Liporidex MAX at my gym and on social media. I’m curious whether anybody here has any experience with both of them. They Look to have a pretty great reputation on amazon and instagram, but seem to be relatively new. I know that many people here on MFP hate using diet pills,pre workouts and BCAAs. Thats cool. I’m looking for real responses form people who use and love quality supplements - and who have used both in the past.

I’m someone who likes my pwo and fat burners moderately dosed. I hate getting jitters or having my heart race. That's why the Liporidex seems so appealing to me. I asked the same question over on bodybuilding and got a bunch of noise form guys recommending something that looked like it was from a horror movie (Friday XIII). So I’m hoping to hear from some more reasonable folks in here. Any other rec's are welcome too (as long as they don't involve you pushing your agenda on me).

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Here's a rec: eat less than you burn on non-holidays so that the holidays are just a blip, not an overall gain.
  • 3stepsahead
    3stepsahead Posts: 56 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    if you don't wanna gain weight maybe and just maybe eat at maintenance ?

some ppl smh ....
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The only supplement I recommend is a multivitamin.

When I was in high school, I tried various "weight loss supplements" because my mom was buying them. I didn't start losing weight until I started eating in a calorie deficit.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Lots of people have had experience, but it didn't work for any of them. In the small print, it will even tell you that you have to diet and exercise if you plan to lose weight.

They're a scam and sold by scamming, sleazy, dishonest people. Don't want your money and don't be suckered!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    whit37k wrote: »
    I’ve used multiple hydroxcyut products over the years, to varied degrees of success. most recently, the elite and SX7. Heading into the holiday season, I usually like to stay on a fat burner or appetite suppressant to help keep my hunger in check and give me a nice energy boost as the days get shorter.

I’ve been hearing about Liporidex MAX at my gym and on social media. I’m curious whether anybody here has any experience with both of them. They Look to have a pretty great reputation on amazon and instagram, but seem to be relatively new. I know that many people here on MFP hate using diet pills,pre workouts and BCAAs. Thats cool. I’m looking for real responses form people who use and love quality supplements - and who have used both in the past.

I’m someone who likes my pwo and fat burners moderately dosed. I hate getting jitters or having my heart race. That's why the Liporidex seems so appealing to me. I asked the same question over on bodybuilding and got a bunch of noise form guys recommending something that looked like it was from a horror movie (Friday XIII). So I’m hoping to hear from some more reasonable folks in here. Any other rec's are welcome too (as long as they don't involve you pushing your agenda on me).

The reasonable choice is none of the options you listed above and to eat sensibly.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've used them before- gained back the weight after I stopped. They are just over priced, over caffeinated pills. "Fat burners" only because they keep you from eating...which makes you lose fat, obviously! They don't really burn fat. Take it from someone who works in advertising, don't read the labels- They lie and make it seem like you NEED them, you don't. Have a cup of coffee/tea/whatever with caffeine if you really want it. Those pills may give you a heart attack one day
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    C. None

Here's a rec: eat less than you burn on non-holidays so that the holidays are just a blip, not an overall gain.

And this.
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've used both products extensively (not sure about SX7), but you really cant compare either one to the old hydroxycut. That stuff was pretty nasty. The new Elite is way better, but Liporidex MAX is better yet. I've actually gotten hooked on the MAX and PM formula. You can't go wrong with any of their stuff. Obviously, everything doesn't work for everybody, which is why liporidex is superior. Their customer service is absolutely stellar. I originally ordered on amazon and I was absolutely floored when I got a call from their CS team to check on my progress and see if I had any questions. I told them that I wasn't seeing the results I was expecting, expecting the call to develop a "bad connection". The rep went over the dosing and kindly told me that I was dosing it all wrong (I was using 1 every 6hrs). I changed the dosing to the recommended and saw immediate results. She even offered to send me extra samples to make up for the time I had been using it wrong!

If you're looking for something to zap your appetite and help boost your metabolism a bit, and you don't have a stockpile of the ORIGINAL Oxyelite pro - yeah either one is great, but I give Liporidex the nod due to their CS. You should also check out Cellucor HD - a bit milder, but super popular stuff too.

Don't mind some of the anti-supp hate on this board, its just the community and the fact that there's so many BS'ers selling BS supps. Probably a ton of people have been burned by BS. There ARE TONS of BS supps out there - I say 97% of them. So watch out!

I agree that BB is way too "bro". You should also check out Anabolic minds. There's some super smart people on there that can give your understanding of human physiology and supp science a boost, and make you more competitive. Examine is another great source of real supplement ingredient science. By the way, that "friday XIII" stuff is called "Insane Veins" by psychotik labs. Its great stuff if you want a mega dose of stims and want to put your heart into vfib lol. Physique and bodybuilding competitors I see around swear by it, but then those guys live on ECA, deca/win/clenb.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've used both products extensively (not sure about SX7), but you really cant compare either one to the old hydroxycut. That stuff was pretty nasty. The new Elite is way better, but Liporidex MAX is better yet. I've actually gotten hooked on the MAX and PM formula. You can't go wrong with any of their stuff. Obviously, everything doesn't work for everybody, which is why liporidex is superior. Their customer service is absolutely stellar. I originally ordered on amazon and I was absolutely floored when I got a call from their CS team to check on my progress and see if I had any questions. I told them that I wasn't seeing the results I was expecting, expecting the call to develop a "bad connection". The rep went over the dosing and kindly told me that I was dosing it all wrong (I was using 1 every 6hrs). I changed the dosing to the recommended and saw immediate results. She even offered to send me extra samples to make up for the time I had been using it wrong!

If you're looking for something to zap your appetite and help boost your metabolism a bit, and you don't have a stockpile of the ORIGINAL Oxyelite pro - yeah either one is great, but I give Liporidex the nod due to their CS. You should also check out Cellucor HD - a bit milder, but super popular stuff too.

Don't mind some of the anti-supp hate on this board, its just the community and the fact that there's so many BS'ers selling BS supps. Probably a ton of people have been burned by BS. There ARE TONS of BS supps out there - I say 97% of them. So watch out!

I agree that BB is way too "bro". You should also check out Anabolic minds. There's some super smart people on there that can give your understanding of human physiology and supp science a boost, and make you more competitive. Examine is another great source of real supplement ingredient science. By the way, that "friday XIII" stuff is called "Insane Veins" by psychotik labs. Its great stuff if you want a mega dose of stims and want to put your heart into vfib lol. Physique and bodybuilding competitors I see around swear by it, but then those guys live on ECA, deca/win/clenb.

No. If the op is serious and not just fishing for gullible people with money to burn: don't take any so-called weight loss supplements. Placebo at best, damaging to your heart, liver, and/or kidneys at worst. Nothing will replace or improve upon sensible diet and exercise.
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    whit37k wrote: »

Dunno about the Liporidex, but Elite Hardcore is pretty weaksauce. I can barely feel it. You should check out syndedrex. It really curbs my appetite and you really feel it. I take one pill and sometimes will feel my heart racing within a few minutes. Appetite suppression lasts about 3-4 hours too. good stuff.