wii fitness

Options
i was curious is this really like working out? i am starting to think about getting it, it seems like alot of fun and maybe a new way to work out...does anyone use it?

Replies

• Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i was curious is this really like working out? i am starting to think about getting it, it seems like alot of fun and maybe a new way to work out...does anyone use it?
  • chrissyb
    Options
    you should certainly get one. i am going to.:explode:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have both the wii fit and my fitness coach.

Both are good - but recommend my fitness coach for a butt kicking workout!
  • JULIETACKETT
    Options
    I got a WII fit for Christmas, and I love it. It actually makes you work muscles you don't even know that you have. About 10 minutes at a time is what I have been able to do, but it will hopefully get easier. Go get it, have a little fun!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I love mine.

It is really good for strength training, balance exercises, core training, and yoga. You have to work much more precisely on your core to complete most of the exercises correctly, because the wii fit board measures your balance and shifting of weight.

You can get a decent cardio workout if you use the running program, or the free step (gets unlocked once you have done enough of the others), but is not as intense as an aerobics class, tape, or machine (elliptical).

It is a lot of fun - as opposed to many tapes..

janiebeth
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I got mine for christmas too and thus far, I really like it. You definitely feel some muscles adn your heart rate increases...now whethere this will replace a good old fashioned walk or a trip to teh gym I'm not sure...I've not opened all the activities yet, but I'll get there.
    I know with the Wii Sports game too, the boxing is a great cardio...whew!! A few rounds of that and you'll sweat.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    sounds fun! i think im deff. gonna save up and get one :)
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is defnitely worth your buy!!! You start off pretty simple and begin to unlock more workouts and activities. Also, within each of those, the more you do them the more reps/time you unlock to make it harder. The step aerobics are great, when you open the harder one, and the hoola-hooping is fantastic when you get over 5 minutes worth. Great ab workout!! I actually like it all, the strength training, yoga and games. Get it and you will be happy!!!
  • tlmmyboys
    Options
    I have a wii, and I love it. Though I don't have the wii fitness, the sports is definitely a cardio workout especially the boxing the better you get the harder it gets.

You need to get one.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Options
    thanks everyone:flowerforyou: . i really wanna get one now lol. it sounds so fun!!!
  • furrflys
    Options
    we just got a wii for christmas! It's a great motivator!! I use it till i'm sore everyday. Right now we just have wii sports but this weekend we are getting the wii fit. The boxing games and training are the best they will wear you out garanteed! I have never been a video game player but this has got me hooked.
  • chrissyb
    Options
    ps i meant to say that i have wii sports and it's great and i have friends who heartily recommend the fit board to everyone!! :smooched:
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit and Fitness Coach. The are both AWESOME - I use one or the other daily (sometimes twice a day) because they are so fun. On Wii Fit, I think the best cardio is the boxing (you have to "open" it after playing some others), but there are some others that are good too - running in place, step aerobics, hula hooping, and Wii Fitness Coach basically designs a workout based on your goals. Since my goal is weight loss, I have a new cardio/aerobics routine each morning waiting for me. It's like a new exercise DVD each day.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    I just read an article on the Wii Fit and it said that the fit burns almost as much calorie wise as the actual excersize. the running as much as the treadmill. I think there was a difference of 10 calories. Neat huh?:bigsmile:
  • loomoyer
    Options
    We purchased wii with fit board for Christmas and it a lot of fun for the whole family. It also keeps the teenager off the couch. I am glad to hear that you do burn calories playing some of these games. I know I sweat it up on the hula hoop and tennis.
  • rialynn79
    Options
    You most certainly find wii muscles that you didn't know you had! It's a good work out! I use it everyday and it's fun! Definitely the best purchase that I have made in a long time. :)
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since it first came out in May. It worked really great at first but it is more for beginning weight loss or fitness rather than ongoing. It is great to start out on though if you do not exercise at all. I don't use it much anymore because I kind of plateaued on the intensity. What I really do like about it though is that it keeps track of things for you like BMI, goals, how long it has been since you used it, it even had a birthday hat on when I used it on my birthday. The boxing is okay but it is more intense using a heavy bag (which my daughter has). I would have to say it is best for balance and strength but just okay for cardio unless you are a beginner.
  • JWLinderman
    Options
    We have it and I love it. I must be honest and say that I haven't used it regularly for quite sometime now, but we pulled it back out yesterday and I plan on using it every day. We're looking at getting the Fitness Coach as well.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    I have had mine since it first came out in May. It worked really great at first but it is more for beginning weight loss or fitness rather than ongoing. It is great to start out on though if you do not exercise at all. I don't use it much anymore because I kind of plateaued on the intensity. What I really do like about it though is that it keeps track of things for you like BMI, goals, how long it has been since you used it, it even had a birthday hat on when I used it on my birthday. The boxing is okay but it is more intense using a heavy bag (which my daughter has). I would have to say it is best for balance and strength but just okay for cardio unless you are a beginner.

i cans ee wheere the intensity will become and issue. However I unlocked the free run and the free step and just move faster and use weights. that has been helpful. the boxing I use arm weights. the hoola hoop is so much fun.
    It's also great for strength training since it watches your balance and timing and for the yoga
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I use mine mostly for the yoga and some strength training. It's also fun to try and beat others in the family. My two oldest sons enjoy doing everything, and we end up having a lot of fun together.:smile: