A year ago.... and 112lbs

Options
23 October 2014 was the day i realized that my health was at risk. That i was out of shape, more than i ever could dream of and wanted.

I promised myself i am going to lose this excess weight. And i did...still a couple more pounds to go.

But lost 112 pounds went from 261.2 lbs to 149.2 lbs
I am happier, healthier and fitter.

And without any problems. I did simple CICO. I eat what i want except added salt and i am/was careful with added sugar.
The sugar is stabilized so eat that normally again. Salt is something i will forever be careful with this because of medical reasons.
But eat it all a balanced diet, what i want or like at the moment.
Only the weighing, counting and portion control is the number one rule.

I walk/jog and swim but average is 6 days a week 300 exercise calories a day. Doesn't matter what i do, as long as i at least those 300 calories a day :)

9wd5qpovtkuv.png

For me it wasn't difficult, but it was dedication and consistency.
Keep doing what i was doing even when i didn't lose anything for a week or longer....
I kept in mind that as long as i weigh every single bite in grams and keep my calorie allowance it will come off. And it did.

Some more pounds to go but i am in the healthy range. So even when it takes another year ( i slowed it down a lot and eat at a very small deficit atm) i dont mind. The goal was feeling healthier and fitter and not a number on the scale. Yes i picked one because you have to. But the way i feel ( now ) is more important.

95069916.png

Replies

• cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. You are so very right about the dedication. People ask what motivates you, but nothing is motivating me... I'm simply dedicated to my goals.
    You look amazing and from your post I can tell you've learned so much!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look so great and happy! Congrats!
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) thats sweet

95069916.png
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Super work! You look 10 years younger. I really like that your goal was simply to be healthier; and you acknowledged the simplicity of it and just stayed with it. Great, great work!
  • NegaAshley
    NegaAshley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look so happy too! =)
  • ImOneStepCloser
    ImOneStepCloser Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! You look amazing!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing and I bet you feel so much better too. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Kornflake69
    Kornflake69 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    amazing job!!!! congratz!!!!!!!!!!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    What a difference a year makes.
    Well done.

Cheers, h.
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an accomplishment! You look great! ps I love your little dog!
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I needed this today as I am at a standstill with weight loss for the past 3 weeks and a little bummed.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Incredible! Be proud of your dedication and success. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
  • yesssiwanttolose
    yesssiwanttolose Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Excellent strategy & planning!! You look FANTASTIC!
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Congrats on your dedication and success!
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options
    grwrn wrote: »
    Thanks for posting. I needed this today as I am at a standstill with weight loss for the past 3 weeks and a little bummed.

@grwrn i looked at your diary...and try to really...really weigh everything. No cups and spoons at all. Like your rice etc it can be more calories than you think.

not losing weight for a period of time ( so weeks and weeks) is mostly because you eat at maintanence. It is time to get more accurate then.

and ty all :) very appreciated

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Amazing, as always. Thank you for posting and I love the pics!
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    Options
    Thank you all. :)
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love this story! Thank you for sharing. Congrats.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!