Today my motivation is....

Options
I saw a similar post that gave me this idea.

I got so mad at myself today during my workout. Why can't I stick with this?

Last September I had my gallbladder out. My doctors blamed the pregnancy. Increased hormones = more chance of gallstones. I'm sure that's true, but if I wasn't 110 pounds overweight, I bet chances of having to have my gallbladder taken out would have been a lot lower. Regardless, there were complications. Minor ones, but it was still misery. For me because I had a 3 month old and I was in agony, and my husband because we had a 3 month old, and his wife was in agony. Lol. Anyway, last October 17th marked the beginning of the end of that journey. I had my last drain removed. Some sanity had been restored. This year, we celebrated. I'm making my own little tradition calling it "drain out day". That's how big of a deal this "minor complication" was to me.

I happened to notice my latest streak starts on October 17th so I'm going to stick with this until next year. 1 day at a time. Then next drain out day I'll have a 365 day streak plus the end of that era to celebrate.

Every day I'm going to post what my motivation is. It could be a quote, a picture or just an explanation, but those are my reasons for starting it, and it will most likely duplicate, but hey it will get me to log in and force me to remind myself why I'm doing this.

Today, keeping that streak going is my reason. I'm so glad it starts then, and I'll be so happy to reach that goal.

Replies

• LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love your motivation and enthusiasm!

I am right there with you. One day at a time. Some days I feel like I will never get there, so I have to remind myself that TODAY I can. I can eat right, move more, log honestly. And tomorrow I will deal with tomorrow. Today has enough worries of its own!

Congrats on the one year down! You're doing great!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hey! It's so exciting to imagine where you will be in your journey a year from now! I am praying that the memory of your difficult experience will just be a tiny shadow in your rear view mirror on October 17, 2016. I think it's a good idea to really focus on your motivation each day.

I have been changing my eating habits for a little over 2 years now and have been really focused on weight loss since January of this year. I've lost 105 pounds and have about 45 to go.

I post every day on a thread called "just for today---daily commitment thread" it really helps me, you should check it out. If it's ok with you, I would love to join you here and post my daily motivation also. Let me know if you prefer that I dont.

My motivation to continue toward my goals today is....it feels so good to be lighter, I just can't stand the thought of being trapped in my overweight body any longer than necessary! FRRRREEEEEDOOOOMMMMM!!!

• secondnature81
    secondnature81 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    [quote="bri170lb;34360461"

I have been changing my eating habits for a little over 2 years now and have been really focused on weight loss since January of this year. I've lost 105 pounds and have about 45 to go.

[/quote]

That's amazing! And you know you can keep it off since you focused on just eating better for so long before.

bri170lb wrote: »

I post every day on a thread called "just for today---daily commitment thread" it really helps me, you should check it out. If it's ok with you, I would love to join you here and post my daily motivation also. Let me know if you prefer that I dont.

I'll check that out today. And no, please feel free. It will only help me keep it up :) It never occurred to me that others might want to join in.

Today, I'm motivated that next year when I dig out those shorts I just packed away for the winter, they'll be too big.

• Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    First - you're freaking awesome. Go you.
    Second - I'm totally joining in.
    My motivation today is that my mom wanted to go to the gym with me this morning. (now I don't want to eat back all my awesome work! :P)
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Well, first of all, I don't KNOW that I can keep it off, because that is something that I have never done. But I do feel really confident that I have a good fighting chance! :smiley:

My motivation for today is....yesterday I had a little binge at lunch and ate nearly all of my calories for the day. But I felt full at dinner and chose not to eat. I still felt full at 9pm and again I chose not to eat, and I ended the day just under my calorie goal. This was a huge victory for me! If I could end yesterday with a win, I want another win today, because it felt awesome!
  • secondnature81
    Options
    cq2lj1ijw7ru.jpg

That dress :) Yes I'm a cat lady. Maybe I'll be comfortable enough to buy that dress someday.
  • chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! I've lost 60, so close to 199 I can taste it!!! LOL today, my motivation is- I feel so much better, I can't wait to see how I will feel at my goal!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It is a beautiful, crisp autumn day today. I can't help but feel motivated to get out there and enjoy the colors and sunshine. Rainy days are a bit harder for me. But as you said one day at a time.
  • sbrmom
    sbrmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I want to wear a bikini this summer for the first time in a lot of years!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    cq2lj1ijw7ru.jpg

That dress :) Yes I'm a cat lady. Maybe I'll be comfortable enough to buy that dress someday.

Ok! That's an incredible goal. I can't imagine wearing something like that, but it sure is adorable. More power to ya!

... well, maybe i could wear something like that...someday....just for my husband!

Today my motivation is...setting a good example for my extended family and friends who are coming for dinner tonight. I have spighetti sauce on the crock pot and will be offering pasta or spighetti squash & a salad as healthier choices.

• bri170lb
    Options
    chey282 wrote: »
    Love this idea! I've lost 60, so close to 199 I can taste it!!! LOL today, my motivation is- I feel so much better, I can't wait to see how I will feel at my goal!

Getting under 200 is a sweet, sweet victory!
    I'm praying it will come to you quickly!

• secondnature81
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

Ok! That's an incredible goal. I can't imagine wearing something like that, but it sure is adorable. More power to ya!

... well, maybe i could wear something like that...someday....just for my husband!

Today my motivation is...setting a good example for my extended family and friends who are coming for dinner tonight. I have spighetti sauce on the crock pot and will be offering pasta or spighetti squash & a salad as healthier choices.
    Yeah I know I probably won't want to either. Way to modest. I was just thinking about sbrmom's bikini. Never worn one. Never will. Go you, sbrmom!

Hope you had a great dinner with your family!

Today, I want to continue having this energy. I've gotten so much more done since I've been eating better this week.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Today my motivation was to stop feeling sorry for myself because I am injured and can't work out as hard as I could 4 weeks ago.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Today my motivation was to stop feeling sorry for myself because I am injured and can't work out as hard as I could 4 weeks ago.

I'm with you on that one!! I had just got going with some strength training at the gym and then sprained my wrist. I was all out of sorts about it, but then decided to just do C25K instead - don't need a wrist for that! And, in the meantime, I purchased Strong Curves, which I'll read front to back and then be all ready to get back to the gym when my wrist is healed up.

Today, I will stay motivated by picturing myself running a 5K, and by seeing onederland by my birthday (Jan 17, 20 lbs to go!).
  • emmargest
    emmargest Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ahh! I love this thread! I also just started back up, and it was because things became unmanageable again. I have a stressful life at the moment, and I took time off of my jobs to work on my senior thesis project, and found myself just...melancholy? I had meant to run everyday, eat well and finish my projects and NONE of that happened. It just felt horrible. I started to gain weight again (I've been maintaining a 45 lb loss for 2 years, which is still 40 lbs over goal weight) and just felt so down.

So I decided to do something for myself, and I downloaded this app (again
  • emmargest
    emmargest Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    (Ah! It got cut off) anyways, downloading this app and tracking just felt right. I think the recent memory of how i WAS feeling is my motivation right now. Eventually I will have to find motivation somewhere else, but for now, it just feels right to be on a good track towards health. Yay!!
  • secondnature81
    Options
    My BP meds. I hate them. I hate taking them. I hate how I feel on them. They need gone!
  • pgonzalez740
    pgonzalez740 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :)
  • thezannypanda
    thezannypanda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the fact that for the first time in my life I can now cross my legs
  • bri170lb
    Options
    I didn't have time to post this morning because my guests kept me so busy, but my motivation for trying to meet my goals today was...

....the knowledge that just because I was "making rather merry" yesterday and went a little over my calorie goals, I am not a failure and I can get right back on track today.