I need a good muffin recipe.

Options
Lauri524
Lauri524 Posts: 54 Member
I'm hooked on Hungry Girl's mega corn muffin recipe ( only158 calories) for a quick "grab and go" muffin in the morning but wanting something different now. Anyone have a good sized muffin recipe low in calories? No banana or blueberry please as I don't have them on hand :(

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's not a "muffin" but mini quiche work great for me.

Ingredients
    -cooking spray
    -sausage or bacon
    -shredded cheese
    -eggs
    -egg whites
    -instant potato flakes
    -vegetables of choice

Bake at 325 for 20ish minutes.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Just made these last weekend.
    Boxed cake mix (I used spice cake mix and added 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice and whisked it in to the mix b4 adding the pumpkin)
    Can of pumpkin
    Mix together (it is very thick, one tip I read was to put it in a gallon zip loc bag and cut off one corner and pipe it into the cup cake pan which into which I had placed cupcake liners) It makes 12 standard size muffins, or you could do jumbo or mini muffins.
    Baked @ 350 for 15-20 minutes.
    Really good and moist.
    They freeze really well.
  • skinnyutahgurl
    skinnyutahgurl Posts: 19 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Take a box of Devil's Food Cake and a can of pure pumpkin, mix and put in 12 cupcake papers. Bake at 400° for 22+ minutes. So good! I sometimes add a small amount of mini chocolate chips. Without chips they are 181 calories. I think it's even a Hungry Girl recipe. Just noticed ^^^ is about the same!
  • totalsweetness96
    totalsweetness96 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've created my own lemon chia and flaxseed muffins before. They are quite delicious and my friends and family always want me to make them for events!