I am new on here but not to the struggle of weight loss.

Options
I am 30 years old and have always been a big girl. I got in a bad marriage and had two kids. This just made me bigger. I ate because I was bored, sad, hurt, and depressed. I got to 500 lbs. I started to try anyway possible to get out of the relationship with my kids. I moved away one day with them. Since then I have been losing weight. In 2011 I had child number 3. I weighed in at 375 pounds. Since then I have I got down to 304 lbs on my own. I just signed up at 24 Hour Fitness and I am doing slim for life. I am already seeing changes on the scale. I had thought for a while about trying out for the biggest loser. Everyone that I talked to told me I did not need that, I could do it on my own. Well, here I am. I am not doing this alone though, my mother is also doing it. I paid for her to have a membership with me. The condition was that she would dedicate herself to a healthier lifestyle. I want to have my mom around and I need to be around for my kids.

Replies

• muccica07
    muccica07 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Joining this is a great first step :-) I definitely think tracking makes all the difference in the world. Also, congratulations with your weight loss thus far! That's amazing. I also struggled my whole life and have only just recently become much healthier. Feel free to PM me any time if you need a buddy
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!! read this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

Best wishes to you and your mom!!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The hardest part is always starting! You got this!
  • amyescalantehansen
    amyescalantehansen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love your motivation and so exciting to have someone join you on the journey!
  • Adenine87
    Adenine87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Keep goin! Having a gym buddy does wonders especially on the days when the bed feels nice and comfy and refuses to let you go! :D Feel free to add :smile:
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....Congrats on making the 1st step and losing weight on your own ....with your attitude you will succeed ...Feel free to add me ...wishing you the best :)
  • DHutzell74
    DHutzell74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm completely new to this app as well, and have struggled with weight loss for the past 6 years. Obesity runs in my family and I've even lost an aunt to it. I've finally decided it's time to get this extra weight off. I have 5 kids and I feel the same way; I want to be around to watch them get married/ be a grandmother, etc.
    I'd like to say congratulations on your current weight loss and you sound very determined. You can do it!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mebedwell1
    mebedwell1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Exciting news! Just got back from the gym, I weigh 292 now!
  • michimcelroy
    michimcelroy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have used Myfitnesspal in the past and I am back now. I am Michelle and I am 25 years old. I have been overweight for most of my life. This month my doctor put me on high blood pressure medication and I knew I had to start changing my lifestyle quickly. I have to lose this weight and keep it off! I do not have any children, but I do work with children and would like to be able to continue to do so...and have some of my own one day. :)
  • mindyandbinky
    mindyandbinky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP !! The people on here a great support system ..
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    More exciting news! 290 lbs now!
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    Down to 289 lbs.
    Still have a head cold and have been eating somethings that are helping me feel better, but are not good for weight loss. Feeling discouraged.
  • aliceisworthit20152
    Options
    You have done amazingly so far and you can do it! I hope I can do as well as you with my goals.
  • mebedwell1
    Options
  • 45andgettinghealthy
    45andgettinghealthy Posts: 13 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Good for you. I'm new as of today and i am 350. It's so discouraging, but stories like yours give me hope. I've never weighed this much - ever!! Yet. Like you I'm not a stranger to weight struggles. What sucks even more is probably not until I was 30 did my weight become a "problem". I was always the girl who could stand to lose 30-35 pounds, but now?!? I'm 45 and i need to lose like 200. Seriously? If there is anyone that is in the same or similar boat as me I would love to be support for one another. Congrats to all on here that have lost weight. I hope to join that club, soon. Today is day one. I hope. I did work out today and ate healthy, so I took the literal and figurative first step. Good luck to all of you.
  • slcruz24
    slcruz24 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a great story of triumph and not quitting! Good for you for taking the steps to taking you life back. You may not know this but you're an inspiration to someone else dealing with the same problem. Welcome to the MFP family where you will find support without having to ask! Enjoy your journey and continue to share your story...
  • ImOneStepCloser
    ImOneStepCloser Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job thus far. You'll get there, I know it!
  • 2sweetboys
    2sweetboys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Your doing great and just remember one day at a time, yesterday is gone, tomorrow can wait, live for today
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    Everything is happening at once now. I started to eat right and now the pounds are melting away. I have three job interviews this week. I graduated from my course in Medical billing and coding. I am continuing this week for my associates. I am buying a nice car. So much stuff happens when you turn your life around.
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    286 lbs