Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

This postpartum belly

Hi Everyone!!!
I am 9 weeks post c-section and I still look 5 months pregnant!!!! This is my 3rd baby and 2nd c-section! I did gain way too much weight (65 pounds too much)! I also have hashimotos hypothyroid, which doesn't make things easy for me! At this moment my levels are in the perfect range so this shouldn't be an issue.
I have been dieting since I had the baby and at 5 weeks was cleared to work out again! I do have a 2 1/2 finger abdominal split and I'm doing specific exercises to heal it! I had the same thing with my last baby and closed it within a few months!
I have already lost 38 pounds but I have been stuck at the same loss for the last 2 weeks the number just won't budge! I'm getting so frustrated! I went back to work last week and I have to wear my maternity pants because none of my normal pants fit! Everything has slimmed down except my stomach!
I really need some motivation right now because I don't want to give up! I miss real clothes and feeling good about myself!
I would love to hear any tips on how to loose this belly!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Unfortunately you can't pick where the fat will come off. I wore shapewear after having my second just to support the extra fat and skin.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    With my csection, I also still looked pregnant for a while afterwards.
    As the poster above mentioned, I wore shapewear to give my belly the extra support. ( it actually made me feel better to have the shapewear on. Without it , the loose skin was bothersome and felt awkward.) I do want to mention I am not referring to the waist trainers that are popular on social media . that's not at all what I mean. I'm just talking about the spandex type under shirts made to hold things in more.
    In time, your belly will start to go down. Continue to eat at a deficit and don't be hard on yourself . these things take time. You can't spot reduce , so keep on lowering your overall bf% and give it time. Be consistent and you'll get there.
    As far as the deficit goes, IMO, I would use a food scale to be as accurate as possible and also pay close attention to logging accurately.
    Things will fall into place, just give yourself a break and enjoy the new baby ! :)
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Congrats on the baby! I had my fifth c section on August 27th so our babies are only days apart!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Congrats on the baby.
    Biggest tip I have is patience. Lots of it too.
    As others have said, you can't spot reduce. Continue to eat at a deficit and it will eventually go.

I'm a mom of 2 boys. I had to have a c-section with both. My youngest was born on May 29, 2014. Here's my recent thread with pictures:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics/p1

But most of all have patience and don't be so hard on yourself.

9055.gif
  • jsinclair31
    jsinclair31 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks everyone! I feel so much better knowing I'm not alone in this struggle!!