How many lbs did you lose before unknowing people started as

Options

Replies

• Kallisti
    Kallisti Posts: 61
    Options
    People who saw me on a daily basis started noticing at around 30lbs. People who didn't see me that often noticed at 40-45lbs. Now that I think about it, my husband didn't say much until 40lbs either. My favorite comment, which came from a coworker after I'd lost 50lbs, was, "You look great! You look like you've lost 20 pounds!" :/ Talk about a backhanded compliment...
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've just recently (in the past week) had a couple of people ask me why I'm " SO happy". LOL Um, because I feel GOOD?! I've also had a co-worker ask me if I was working at loosing weight-she knows I've be battling this for awhile-and I was happy that she noticed that I've been working at it!
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have to lose about 30 lbs before anyone notices, and it hardly looks like a difference! :|
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I was 224lbs and i'd say about the 20lb mark. I love when people mention it and it drives me to lose more
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When I lost 25 lbs.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I was about 220lbs (60lbs overweight) and had lost 20lbs the first time I got comments. When I hit 40lbs lost, people commented even more.
  • laurabeerotten
    Options
    42lbs down and not a peep. I would love a little positive reinforcement... I've been working on it for a year, so I guess it has just been far too gradual for anyone outside the people who know I'm dieting to notice. :/
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    People that I'm around every day didn't notice until they looked at pictures and realized I look a lot thinner now
  • naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was about 200 lbs overweight, got comments around 50+ and a lot more since I passed 60.
  • AllisonWBaker
    Options
    I think it takes a while before anyone notices. I am 26 pounds down and half way to my goal and it's only been the last couple of weeks that people who didn't know have noticed. And, the comment about the clothes is absolutely right! When I try on one of my size 12 skirts in the morning for work, I think I look awful - I basically look like I did before I started losing because there's so much extra fabric and it almost falls off. Looks terrible. So, wearing smaller sized clothes shows off my shrinking body! On another note, even though I've only had 5-10 people notice who didn't know, the people who do know are so motivational and keep telling me I look great - so helpful!!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    my dentist noticed after 50lbs =)

a couple cousins and aunts and uncles said something after 40, but i have a feeling my mom might have said something, so i don't trust them lol

most of my friends see me too often, or KNOW that i'm dieting, same with my co-workers....they all said stuff after 30.

i work at a school, so maybe after summer vacation, i'll get a few honest compliments :)
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    People at work started asking me about it this week - about 12 pounds down. I have also been toning up which I think sped the asking along. And for me, my goal weight was only about 25 pounds down from my current weight.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i've lost 24ish pounds and NO ONE has said anything without me telling them =[ !
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    At around 15 lbs down is when people started commenting.
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I'm 27 pounds down and so far nobody has said anything. (except for my hubby) It's kind of discouraging. But at the same time it's making me work harder so they WILL notice. :smile:

I think you are doing great! Even if no one else tells you. :flowerforyou:
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    No one said anything to me until I hit my goal and went from a size L/10 to size S/4
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 19 lbs so far and nobody has commented yet but those that know, but i feel great!
  • RobinMSills
    RobinMSills Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's weird but people tend to notice even if I haven't really lost any weight. I think I must be one of those people who puffs up when I eat the wrong things... I would say that over the past few years my weight has been up and down about ten pounds. Sometimes people ask if I've been working out when actually I've gained some weight. What the heck? I guess clothing really does matter, maybe I just dress like crap and then sometimes I dress nicely?
  • live4something
    live4something Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 40 pounds before people really started approaching me and asking me. Some said they had noticed earlier but didn't really bring it up until then. My family that knew I was trying to lose weight would comment way before, but I think part of that was just to encourage me :happy:
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    First I lost 12ish lbs in a little over a month with 30 Day Shred. My mom and sister and hubby saw a difference at the 12-15lb mark. My face slimmed down and I lost my double chin pretty early on (Thank god! I was so self conscious about that!) And then my collar bones made an appearance :happy: as well as my shoulders and arms toning up. As I kept working at reaching my goal and hit 25lbs some friends and other acquaintances would tell me I'm looking good or that I look skinny or something. So far I've lost my weight in just a little over 4 months and quite a bit pretty fast in the beginning so maybe that's why some people noticed earlier. Sometimes I wonder if other women don't tell other women if they look like they've lost weight because they themselves are struggling with it? I know when I was back up at 161 lbs I didn't want to notice if anyone was loosing weight because it would make me feel like a failure.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!