Might as well be new...

Options
I started on here in January of 2010 and was doing really well. I had lost half of my goal weight, was working out pretty consistently, and eating really well.

Then... Grad school happened. I started my Master's program and things just started going nuts. I could make a TON of excuses (lord knows I have in the past 6 months) but the short story is that I became overwhelmed and put myself on the back burner. Well, it's been bothering me for some time now. Last night I finished a pretty hectic class and I have almost 3 weeks of a sort-of break before my second summer semester starts up. I want to get myself back on track with workouts and eating right. I know how to do the eating right (once I get past that horrible craving stage...) and I know it is mainly a matter of self discipline and knowing what works for me.

I have a wrist injury that I'm seeing the doctor about next week. Until that gets figured out I can't do anything that puts pressure on my wrist. ...Which really, I'm rather upset about because I would love to do yoga right now. :-\ But, I'm going to try to ease myself into a walking/running routine and maybe swim if I can find the time to get to the pool.

I want to stick with MFP because of the amazing support system that I know I can get here, and holding myself accountable for what I eat is really key for me.
But anyway.... I know I'm not new, but I feel like I'm starting over so this is why I'm here. The ever-dreaded first weigh in is tomorrow! *sigh*

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady. No beating yourself up allowed!
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good luck and try to stay positive!
  • sittingduck180
    Options
    I definitely feel you - it seems like its a constant start and stop! But the point is to accept that youll have to start over every time. Thats what makes you successful!
  • mjs1940
    mjs1940 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey,friend take one day at a time,you are accomplishing good things in your life,keep up the good work and it will happen for you.A mfp friend.