Need Help boosting my Breakfast!

Hi all, I'm a new user to the MFP community, been journaling here for about 2 months with great success! :-)

I'm looking for a few ideas for breakfast foods.

I have several different "go to" meals; protein pancake, egg white and spinach omlette & turkey bacon, mixed berry smoothie, and old faithful: a protein shake. BUT I find with these meals that my calories are just not where they should be, ie still under 200 when they should be over!

I don't want to scramble to get my calories in during the evenings (especially the evenings that I'm not working out), and I'd like to lower the amount of bread I've been eating.

Does anyone have any low sugar options that I may be able to add to my breakfast routine? I try not to do anything too complicated, usually I cook breakfast the night before.

Help!

Replies

• suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Oatmeal, milk and cinnamon.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Doing homemade waffles with Greek yoghurt is an awesome brekkie.. Also making a big batch of porridge which you can add whatever things you like ( I do cinnamon and mashed Apple).. Turkish bread with mashed avocado and tomatoes
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Easy - add MCT Oil, or Coconut Oil, or Macadamia Nut Oil. A tablespoon of which will give
    you approx. 100-110 sugar-free healthy calories. :)
  • hartmamp
    hartmamp Posts: 80 Member
    If it's calories you're looking for, why don't you switch from egg whites to whole eggs?
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    I make a batch of breakfast burritos at one time, then freeze. These have about 400 calories per burrito & 28 G protein:
    Low carb high fiber tortilla
    Turkey chorizo
    Scrambled egg
    Shredded cheddar
    Organic potato puffs (WF version of tater tots)
  • MarMcGrath
    MarMcGrath Posts: 58 Member
    add flaxmeal or chia seeds to your shake for extra fiber and omega 3's?
    add almond butter?
    eat a serving of almonds on your drive to work?

I was putting chia seeds in my smoothies in the beginning, no idea why I stopped. Thanks for the reminder!

• MarMcGrath
    MarMcGrath Posts: 58 Member
    scolaris wrote: »
    I make a batch of breakfast burritos at one time, then freeze. These have about 400 calories per burrito & 28 G protein:
    Low carb high fiber tortilla
    Turkey chorizo
    Scrambled egg
    Shredded cheddar
    Organic potato puffs (WF version of tater tots)

Those sound delicious! Thank you.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    MarMcGrath wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm a new user to the MFP community, been journaling here for about 2 months with great success! :-)

I'm looking for a few ideas for breakfast foods.

I have several different "go to" meals; protein pancake, egg white and spinach omlette & turkey bacon, mixed berry smoothie, and old faithful: a protein shake. BUT I find with these meals that my calories are just not where they should be, ie still under 200 when they should be over!

I don't want to scramble to get my calories in during the evenings (especially the evenings that I'm not working out), and I'd like to lower the amount of bread I've been eating.

Does anyone have any low sugar options that I may be able to add to my breakfast routine? I try not to do anything too complicated, usually I cook breakfast the night before.

Help!

Take your egg white and spinach and add cheese and toast
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    I like Better Oats - Oat Revolution - Maple and Brown Sugar - its instant and organic. If it's not enough calories for you eat a banana with it! Good luck!