I need motivational buddies

Options
Hello

My name is Angela and this is not my first rodeo with trying to lose weight or being on here I just took a very very long break. I know the journey is even better with friends to help hold you accountable an motivate you. So please be my friend :)

Replies

• dblackard87
    dblackard87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could use a buddy through this whole thing.
  • RitzyFritz
    RitzyFritz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there. My story sounds similar to yours - "been there, done that, and back again." I would be happy to be your motivational buddy because I need it too!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Believe in yourself and you are half way there!
  • HannahEdenburn
    HannahEdenburn Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi I'm Hannah and I'm on and off with trying to lose weight as well. I have had 2 children and i am trying to get toned and healthy. I can't seem to stop myself from snacking at night even if I'm not hungry. I'm looking for motivation to get me where I need to be in my goals. I have lost 12lbs but still not at my goals.
  • imathena
    imathena Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey girl hey! I could use some motivation too! I've lost weight before but then got comfortable and relapsed; ugh! So I'm getting back on the horse. My current goal is to loose 10 lbs by Thanksgiving...realistic right?
    We can do it together! Moment by moment, bite by bite, day by day.
  • HannahEdenburn
    Options
    I think you can do it @imathena! It is hard work tho! Are you doing any exercises?
  • sheisgettingfit
    sheisgettingfit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    imathena wrote: »
    Hey girl hey! I could use some motivation too! I've lost weight before but then got comfortable and relapsed; ugh! So I'm getting back on the horse. My current goal is to loose 10 lbs by Thanksgiving...realistic right?
    We can do it together! Moment by moment, bite by bite, day by day.

I think 10 pounds is totally doable that my goal as well. Yea having a job where I sit all day an get rewarded with food surely didn't help my cause but we can an we will do this
  • sheisgettingfit
    sheisgettingfit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Hannah and I'm on and off with trying to lose weight as well. I have had 2 children and i am trying to get toned and healthy. I can't seem to stop myself from snacking at night even if I'm not hungry. I'm looking for motivation to get me where I need to be in my goals. I have lost 12lbs but still not at my goals.

I had to stop snacking I have really horrible acid reflux so I no longer say after 5pm but I eat pretty terrible during the day I have to do better
  • EKoehler1
    EKoehler1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping the journey is easier with friends to hold me accountable, I totally know what you mean. We can absolutely do this and never have to start over again.
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It is easier with friends .. before joining MFP I lost 50 lbs but I also gained back, now since joining I lost the weight I gained back and then some and have kept it off!
  • HannahEdenburn
    Options

I had to stop snacking I have really horrible acid reflux so I no longer say after 5pm but I eat pretty terrible during the day I have to do better

Idk if u have tried this but "braggs apple cider vinegar" cures most reflux. Just a thought
  • HannahEdenburn
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Also @sheisgettingfit I know u can eat better! Once u start u will feel better and be more motivated! I was never a breakfast person so I started doing protein shakes as a meal replacement. U don't want to skip meals because we want to keep our metabolism burning! I know we can do this!
  • awash10
    awash10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a problem snacking. I am hoping to get through this and support is needed. 10lbs as a time. 10lbs is a great number
  • HannahEdenburn
    Options
    awash10 wrote: »
    I have a problem snacking. I am hoping to get through this and support is needed. 10lbs as a time. 10lbs is a great number

I would like to lose 10lbs too! I think it's a good starting goal! U can and will get through this! We can all hold each other accountable! Let's do it!
  • HannahEdenburn
    Options
    Is anyone doing any workout programs?
  • crpoll5
    crpoll5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I used to be very active on MFP and logged for almost 2 years in a row. I deleted my account and a year later found I need MFP if I want to succeed in health and fitness so here I am again looking for your motivation and support with a brand new group of friends. Look forward to becoming best friends with you all. Anyone feel free to add me. PLAY BALL !!