Armss

Options
I have been really focused on my arms for the last few weeks and I'm not seeing the results I'd like. Any helpful tips for definition? Trying to become wing-free!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Keep doing it, rinse and repeat.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Wing-free = losing fat and waiting for skin to shrink up. That takes time and patience since you cannot spot reduce fat.

What exercises are you doing to strengthen your arms? You can build specific muscles through resistance exercise (e.g., lifting weights) but that, again, takes time and patience. A few weeks is a drop in the bucket.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Time and patience. Commitment and dedication. Losing the fat to gain the definition just needs those 4 things.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    yeah, just echoing what was already said. Definition comes from losing fat over your muscles, or even building the muscle up so you can see it more.....both of those won't happen in a few weeks....and if there's stretched skin involved, even longer. Don't freak, don't give up, keep doing it, and maybe even find yourself a short term goal to look forward to while you work on the guns.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    No, I know how to define them, just looking for exercises I might be missing with free weights.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    cschu544 wrote: »
    No, I know how to define them, just looking for exercises I might be missing with free weights.

You still haven't said what you're already doing, exercise-wise, for your arms.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    cschu544 wrote: »

Any good full-body strength program works the arms properly. So i'd follow a pro-designed program like NROL4W or Stronglifts 5x5. You can always tag on a couple of extra arm sets at the end of them if you want bigger arms (if you want leaner arms, don't do this). Creating your own routine usually leads to disappointment.