I'm Katie! I'm pregnant!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm not exactly new to MFP, but I did create a new account to help track the last few months of my pregnancy. I'll admit that I've been slacking a little bit when it came to maintaining my healthy pre-pregnancy lifestyle since I got pregnant with my second little monkey, but extreme exhaustion kept me from doing much exercising and it was easy to sit on the couch and munch on whatever I felt like munching.

I have a little over three months left of my pregnancy, and I'm gaining a little more weight than 1. is recommended, and 2. I'd like to work off postpartum. I don't know how many other pregnant mamas are on MFP, but I'd love to have a focused group of friends that are also trying to have healthy, semi-active pregnancies. So if you're expecting, I hope you'll add me as a friend so we can cheer each other on and commiserate about the less than fun parts of pregnancy. ;)

I'm happy to get back on track!

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,069 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to be friends. I work with pregnant mamas all the time. Feel free to add me!
  • stevielee28
    stevielee28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI Katie! I am pregnant, due in February, and I came back to myfitnesspal for help with a healthy pregnancy. I felt the same way in the beginning and really was way to exhausted or sick to work out. I added in 20-30 minute walks and I am trying to focus on eating lots of nutrient dense foods for the baby!
  • AHLopezS2015
    AHLopezS2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lol I thought that I was the only prego on MFP I'm currently 31 weeks I'm due "Dec 26". I like to get healthy and start losing the baby weight after giving birth to my baby. Feel free to add me as a MFP friend!
  • Mamaof2UK
    Mamaof2UK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also pregnant and due in March. Worried about gaining too much weight. Feel like I can't think straight and make healthy choices. I have two under 5 as well.
    I can't wait to lose weight after baby is here and have downloaded Jillian Michaels bodyshred and hope to start a couple of months after baby is here. Im gonna get a jogging buggy too!
  • mustikas6
    mustikas6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! There is a MFP group called Fit, Fabulous & Pregnant. The group has become a bit inactive lately, but mainly because it looks like the active ones have given birth and joined the postpartum group.
    I’m pregnant too (19 and half weeks) and really struggling to stay healthy and get back on track. I have gained 5 kg (ca 11 pounds) since beginning of pregnancy, which is more than needed and I know it is because of too much eating.
  • cassidytaylorohearn
    Options
    Hi I'm Cassidy I am 23 weeks pregnant. Is it OK to lose weight while pregnant ?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cassidy I am 23 weeks pregnant. Is it OK to lose weight while pregnant ?

Under doctor monitoring, if you are overweight, then typically yes. Medical conditions, or indications of stress on the baby, or other issues that surface along the way are typically the deterrents. But doctors are long past the myths of it hurting the baby in most cases these days. Check with your OB/GYN to be sure you have no complicating factors.
  • C_LO211
    C_LO211 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant too! I am 19w and due in March. I also have worried about gaining to much weight and just not real sure how to go about not gaining to much as they say every pregnancy is different but then how do I know what I can and can't do? I want a healthy baby but I don't want to gain 50lbs either. I was very sick the 1st trimester and did no working out I have gained about 15lbs already and really want to try and not gain anymore until I start my 3rd trimester. Any help would be great and feel free to add me!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    mustikas6 wrote: »
    Hi ladies! There is a MFP group called Fit, Fabulous & Pregnant. The group has become a bit inactive lately, but mainly because it looks like the active ones have given birth and joined the postpartum group.
    I’m pregnant too (19 and half weeks) and really struggling to stay healthy and get back on track. I have gained 5 kg (ca 11 pounds) since beginning of pregnancy, which is more than needed and I know it is because of too much eating.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

There IS a group you can join if you're pregnant and on MFP and it is above. More are always welcome!

I'm not pregnant yet... but hopefully sometime early next year. So I'm lurking in that group and learning before we decide to start trying.

And here's a nice link to someone's healthy pregnancy summary. Very useful.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

(oh and I'm Katie too :))
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start early next year as well.... I may have to start lurking too for some pointers and tips!
  • MrsSDolan
    MrsSDolan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi :-)

I am 33 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I am due Christmas. I have gained 12lb so far. I will be calorie counting with MFP after the birth and recovery, in preparation for my wedding in September. Looking for new friends x