Is this a binge ?

I've managed to stay in my calorie maintenance even with what I think is a binge. I had less than 1200 cal before my dessert then I had a slice of pie roughly 250-300 cal then I went back to the pie box and cut two slithers more then I ate a yogurt. Will I still gain weight because I read if u eat unhealthy everyday you get fat and it's my third night in a row eating it

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    You said you where within your maintenance calories but then ask if you'll gain weight.
    I think you may really need to go back and start from stratch here. Read the sticky notes asap.

For weight loss- calorie deficit

For weight gain- calorie surplus

Go back to the beginning and read up on the basics
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    You are within your calorie goal, you may retain some water, but that's not fat gain. I really wouldn't call that a binge. I was 700 calories over my daily goal yesterday, and I wouldn't call that a binge either. It worries me that you are having this strong of a reaction to pie and yogurt. Healthy/unhealthy is less relevant in terms of weight. Calories matter here. Healthy/unhealthy may have an impact on how you feel when working out.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    You are within your calorie goal, you may retain some water, but that's not fat gain. I really wouldn't call that a binge. I was 700 calories over my daily goal yesterday, and I wouldn't call that a binge either. It worries me that you are having this strong of a reaction to pie and yogurt. Healthy/unhealthy is less relevant in terms of weight. Calories matter here. Healthy/unhealthy may have an impact on how you feel when working out.

+1
  • ryanhorn91
    ryanhorn91 Posts: 1 Member
    Did you feel out of control while eating? If that's the case, it might be considered a binge. Binging is more about lack of control and mental anguish than how much or what you actually ate.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    That is not a binge. That is seconds on dessert. And if you are around your maintenance calories, then, no, you won't gain weight.
  • malioumba
    malioumba Posts: 132 Member
    ryanhorn91 wrote: »
    Did you feel out of control while eating? If that's the case, it might be considered a binge. Binging is more about lack of control and mental anguish than how much or what you actually ate.

I think this response is very good - although I still consider a binge a massive surplus of food with the simultaneous frustrating lack of control; it's important to recognize what makes it a binge and what makes it over-eating.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited October 2015

+1. Excellent post @ryanhorn91
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited October 2015
    malioumba wrote: »

I think this response is very good - although I still consider a binge a massive surplus of food with the simultaneous frustrating lack of control; it's important to recognize what makes it a binge and what makes it over-eating.

Thanks! I learn something new every day, even as a recovered binge eater.