what is wrong with me?!!!

Options
I weighed in this morning at my highest in recent months (almost all the way up to my all-time high). I haven't tracked in ages. I feel enormous. I need to get down at least 5 lbs before Nov. 6 because I'm going to a Marine Ball and don't want to feel like a whale. I'm sitting here in pain because the waist band of my pants is too tight and is cutting off circulation and I keep getting up to eat globs of buttercream frosting from the cake in the staff room. Help!!

Replies

• sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    If you figure it out, please let me know?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You need to start tracking again. Even if you have bad days. Make it a habit, it's your choice. Learn about moderation.

Moderation is key, even cake can be a part of someone's food for the day.

You can do this again :)
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    November 6 is less than 2 weeks away, so unless you have a lot to lose it's probably kind of a high goal to shoot for, but still doable (especially since the first week will probably be water weight). I would say, yes, start tracking everything, good and bad, and stay within your calorie goals for the day. Use the pounds you lose to motivate you to lose more- you can do it.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    start tracking again, start working out, and rid your mind of losing enough fat in time for the Marine Ball.

Invest in spanx.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I feel like I could have written this. I have the world's biggest sweet tooth. I originally lost 80 lbs and put 35 of them back on. I'm getting married next year and I'm back at it in full force. Just take it a day at a time. My favorite quote to live by is, "don't talk about your plans, show them your results" :smile: if you need a cheerleader, friend me! You can do it!
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Nothing is "wrong" with you, you're human. If you start tracking and do your best each day you will feel better by Nov 6th no matter how much weight you lose. Stop eating that butter cream icing! You CAN do it.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Losing the 5lbs in 2 weeks is not going to happen if you're still eating butter cream frosting (which sounds heavenly btw)
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Why aren't you tracking . . . is it because you don't want to see how many calories are in that buttercream frosting? It happens, you just need to work in it being past tense!!!

Maybe try not focusing on the scale right now and do something. Either gaining control over something that you eat that you would like to either eliminate or control. Or, try moving, not sure what your activity level is but maybe just working on doing something, if it is walking around the block, work on how it long it takes, or maybe doing jumping jacks or anything. When you conquer something that is good for you, you might not feel so hopeless about the weight and what you think you can't do. Just knowing that you accomplished something by Nov 6 will radiate on your face regardless of what the scale says, because the scale can be a sneaky, evil *kitten*!
  • benny_87
    benny_87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at my highest in recent months (almost all the way up to my all-time high). I haven't tracked in ages. I feel enormous. I need to get down at least 5 lbs before Nov. 6 because I'm going to a Marine Ball and don't want to feel like a whale. I'm sitting here in pain because the waist band of my pants is too tight and is cutting off circulation and I keep getting up to eat globs of buttercream frosting from the cake in the staff room. Help!!

dcglobalgirl you need to ignite that fire within you that pulls you away from the self-destructing habits.
    What is driving you to lose 5 lbs before the Marine Ball? Really look into that. Is it because you want wear a particular dress? or you want to look good in photos? Or just because you want to look like a smoking fox?
    Is the reason for wanting to lose the 5lbs for the ball strong enough to pull you out of your funk and if it's not, then what is?

Personally, I find that really focusing on the reason or the goal can be powerful enough to stop me from eating everything in sight.

These 2 weeks could be the start of an amazing journey for you. All you need to do is give yourself the permission to chase it down and work hard for it.

Spark up lady, you CAN do this, but you have to have the self respect to love yourself enough to make the change.
    xxx goodluck!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    That frosting sounds so good! Get back to tracking you know how to do this, and you know why you want to do this. We are all doing the best we can in our own way and sometimes our irrational sides get temporary control. Take back the control and get back to it. You can do it!
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your help!! Your words mean so much to me and really help me to remember how this works and the things I can do. Thanks so much for taking the time to help get me back on track.

okay, here's my update. I stopped with the buttercream frosting. I started tracking again. I realized that the big jump in my weight (and the emotional out of control feeling) may also be due to going on the pill again. I'm going to give myself credit because I did work out 4 days in a row (Saturday 30 minutes on treadmill incline, Sunday 2.5 hours walking/biking with my littles, Monday 30 minutes on treadmill incline and Tuesday, 30 minutes jogging around the park while my littles played) so I'm going to pat myself on the back, keep tracking and try to get back to a better place.
  • loda77
    loda77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    cschu544 wrote: »
    I feel like I could have written this. I have the world's biggest sweet tooth. I originally lost 80 lbs and put 35 of them back on. I'm getting married next year and I'm back at it in full force. Just take it a day at a time. My favorite quote to live by is, "don't talk about your plans, show them your results" :smile: if you need a cheerleader, friend me! You can do it!
    ..Amazing words thank you
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about 6 lbs in time for the marine ball. Honestly, you're probably the only one who would notice that 6 lb difference (just sayin!). Just take it one minute, hour, week at a time. You'll get back in the habit and your weight will trend downwards. You've been exercising so that's awesome! Maybe do some meal prep so you don't have any excuse not to eat well? Good luck, you can do this!

Oh and I second the investing in spanx thing...I love my spanx for my fat days! :smiley:
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I agree that no one will notice the 6 lbs except for you. However, if you take this opportunity to log your food, weigh and know how many calories you are really eating, it could be great to take back control of your life. I have been logging for 300 days today and am so much happier with myself now. I am in control of what I consume. I am not always eating perfect, but most of the time I am doing really good. I would be happy to log my food every day make a few better food choices and exercise 5 days a week and never be back where I was 300 days ago. You can do it, but you have to want it bad enough to make it happen. Have fun at the ball. I remember those days.