Hydroxycut as an aid?

Options
13»

Replies

• Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't know your full history, but I saw something about treatment for EDNOS. I've been in treatment for bulimia non purging type since 2011. Diet pills are a big, HUGE, no no. No matter what your reasoning is behind wanting to take them. It's a slippery slope back to relapse. Did they not teach you moderation? Healthy moderation and loving your body without taking it to extremes, even if you have weight to lose? People who have true, full blown eating disorders are vulnerable to these kinds of things. We're addicted to finding things to fix us and we'll come up with whatever excuse to get our hands on it. I once lied and told everyone I was diabetic so they would all leave me alone about not eating sugar and bread. Diet pills are a cop out and nobody with an ED who really truly wants to recover should EVER touch them.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Achaila wrote: »
    Ok I don't know your full history, but I saw something about treatment for EDNOS. I've been in treatment for bulimia non purging type since 2011. Diet pills are a big, HUGE, no no. No matter what your reasoning is behind wanting to take them. It's a slippery slope back to relapse. Did they not teach you moderation? Healthy moderation and loving your body without taking it to extremes, even if you have weight to lose? People who have true, full blown eating disorders are vulnerable to these kinds of things. We're addicted to finding things to fix us and we'll come up with whatever excuse to get our hands on it. I once lied and told everyone I was diabetic so they would all leave me alone about not eating sugar and bread. Diet pills are a cop out and nobody with an ED who really truly wants to recover should EVER touch them.

Great post!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    xxcobu wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's an overrated supplement that costs a lot. If you need a boost, just start...

I have "just exercised" extensively in the past and still found it difficult to lose weight. This was with a well-rounded, vegetarian (at the time) diet.

My long-term destruction via ednos has completely crippled my metabolism.
    Any additional suggestions? natural supplements?
    Gaining weight means your current metabolic rate is higher than it was when you were much lighter. If you're not losing weight (and not suffering from a health or hormonal issue) then it's either : you're consuming more than you need to or you're overestimating how much you're actually burning.
    Find your BMR. Then just try eating that while exercising.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ivylaurenolsen
    ivylaurenolsen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few months ago. Obviously I didn't expect it to be some kind of magic thing to make me skinny, I was like you and just wanted a little boost. However, on day one I felt sooo weird. My heart wouldn't stop pounding, even when I was resting. I couldn't sleep that ENTIRE night and I constantly just felt so ridiculously jittery and stressed. Needless to say, I stopped after that. It just didn't work for me, but it could for you! You never really know, I would say buy some pre-workout bc it will do the same thing, it just won't last all day and night.
    Anyway, hope this helps. Best of luck to you!
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Not sure what the whole pill thing is all about. Eat what your body needs, and you never need a supplement of any sort.

That luxury comes with education, though, and education takes effort.

To the OP: if you are looking to a pill for losing weight, you are trying to lose weight the wrong way. You can't call it a lifestyle change, because you are undercutting your education and not putting in the work. Whatever supplement you are thinking of taking...look at the ingredients. Research what they do inside your body at a chemical level, as well as where you could find them in nature.

I am not sure who put in your brain that your metabolism slowed down. That isnt possible. It takes the same amount of energy to move you as it does another person of your weight, and therefore the same energy metabolism. Each of our bodies do the same autonomous things, which burns calories. To say your metabolism slowed down is to say your body stopped functioning.

Weight is Energy. Energy is stored or used. Therefore, if you take in less energy than you use (or release through oxidation) in your daily life, you lose weight. That is a law of physics and chemistry. "Slow" or "Fast" metabolism is a myth. Your body uses just as much energy as it needs to get across and up, and therefore is a mathematical certainty. Eat less than you burn, and you will lose weight.

Now, the challenge comes in educating yourself in what types of food to eat in order to do that.

*correction: metabolism of energy from stored sources is the same for everyone, weight held constant. Metabolism for intake of food to storage is quite different, and is heavily dependent on nutrient intake.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    YOUR HISTORY OF EATING DISORDER MEANS YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND CONSULT YOUR PROFESSIONAL ED TEAM

everything you are posting ..stupid weight loss pills, new plans..huge warning signals

Go get help...you know that you cannot completely recover from ed ...you need to keep working at you, with professional help
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    xxcobu wrote: »

I feel like those who don't have as much to lose find it useless and those who need to lose 25+ pounds find it helps get them started.

I had over 60+ lbs to lose when I tried it. It did absolutely NOTHING for me. It did not give me a boost, or more energy, or motivation. It actually made me more aware of the fact that I was trying to lose weight and I wound up gaining a few lbs in the 2 months that I was using it.

The reason that some people lose weight with this is that they eat at a calorie deficit. It may or may not be the pill that is causing this. It very well could be they are a bit more motivated because they think they have a "crutch", it could be just the awareness that helps them to be more motivated.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I do believe there are vitamins and whatnot to help with boosting your metabolism? Or I think there are medicines you can have prescribed for it? I would try going to a vitamin store, or perhaps seeing what your doctor would recommend. I personally just got tummy aches from Hydroxycut. Sorry if this isn't much help -- good luck! :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    I do believe there are vitamins and whatnot to help with boosting your metabolism? Or I think there are medicines you can have prescribed for it? I would try going to a vitamin store, or perhaps seeing what your doctor would recommend. I personally just got tummy aches from Hydroxycut. Sorry if this isn't much help -- good luck! :)

There aren't

You may as well believe in fairies and unicorns

The way to improve your metabolism, is to eat adequate calories and build muscles to increase your TDEE

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    I do believe there are vitamins and whatnot to help with boosting your metabolism? Or I think there are medicines you can have prescribed for it? I would try going to a vitamin store

Blink.gif

• belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    nevermind
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Edited to remove accidental post.