Anyone try PB2?

Options
124»

Replies

• functionalfitnesscpt
    Options
    I use it at least three times a week! Always trying to get my calories in but always running out of fat calories...it's the perfect substitute!
  • ath322
    ath322 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just recently bought a container of pb2 & I really like it for a low cal option. Only add in a little water...the thicker you leave it, the closer the consistency to actual pb. I spread it on some 40 cal multi grain bread & add a tablespoon of sugar free jam. It's a good pb&j substitute for less than half the calories. I say go for it & try some :)
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    KLM2206 wrote: »
    I bought some recently (just for smoothies), and I have to say - I'm really disappointed. I find it to have a really rank aftertaste. At $11AUD for the jar, we'll finish the jar, but I'm going back to the real deal after that.
    Then again, I don't have a problem with only eating the recommended serving size, and I think it's worth the calories for the taste...

I would actualy sugest you try real peanut flower you buy off any store shelf. taste just like peanut buter just real low fat and lower cal. The stuff I bought at Winco is awesome and cheap.
  • WeighToGoJudy
    WeighToGoJudy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like it! I mix it with almond milk instead of water, the consistency is much creamier.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I bought some recently (just for smoothies), and I have to say - I'm really disappointed. I find it to have a really rank aftertaste. At $11AUD for the jar, we'll finish the jar, but I'm going back to the real deal after that.
    Then again, I don't have a problem with only eating the recommended serving size, and I think it's worth the calories for the taste...

I would actualy sugest you try real peanut flower you buy off any store shelf. taste just like peanut buter just real low fat and lower cal. The stuff I bought at Winco is awesome and cheap.

@KLM2206 is in Australia, like myself. I rang around everywhere yesterday looking for peanut flour, and nobody had heard of it.. I called health food stores and the supermarkets, I shall keep searching though.

• blueyedblonde68
    blueyedblonde68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to know is it good and tasty, I love Peanut butter but I want to cut the cals...

bellplantation.com/products.html

niwmmdcyjz63.png

• blueyedblonde68
    blueyedblonde68 Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ok well me and PB2 are having a love affair. I get it about 2 times a day and that's everyday. My obsession is utterly delicious.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options

@KLM2206 is in Australia, like myself. I rang around everywhere yesterday looking for peanut flour, and nobody had heard of it.. I called health food stores and the supermarkets, I shall keep searching though.

iherb australian site has defatted peanut flour 907 gram bag cost AU$15.30
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »

iherb australian site has defatted peanut flour 907 gram bag cost AU$15.30

Great thankyou. I've always thought iherb shipped from America. I'll go check it out :)

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Has anyone compared PB2 with plain peanut flour? Is there much of a difference?

PB2 has added sugar and salt... peanut flour does not. That is the only real difference.
  • LeeMay63
    LeeMay63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I eat Reduced Fat Jif . Same as regular PB with less calories.

• jaytru791
    jaytru791 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started using PBfit made by betterbody foods. You can buy it at Sams Club for around $10 I believe .. 55 calories per serving. . 5 grams of protein 71 servings per container
  • tinger12
    tinger12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just bought some of the Jiff peanut powder. I went with it because it is just peanuts and no added anything else. I don't care for really sweet drinks and my fruit, yogurt, banana smoothies are sweet enough. But adding the peanut powder turned them into something awesome.

I love peanut butter but it doesn't love me. Adding the Jiff peanut powder to my morning drink gives me the taste, no added sweetness, and only 45 calories.
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    tinger12 wrote: »
    I just bought some of the Jiff peanut powder. I went with it because it is just peanuts and no added anything else. I don't care for really sweet drinks and my fruit, yogurt, banana smoothies are sweet enough. But adding the peanut powder turned them into something awesome.

I love peanut butter but it doesn't love me. Adding the Jiff peanut powder to my morning drink gives me the taste, no added sweetness, and only 45 calories.

IKR! I love my protein shakes now! I find my self craving them now that I add Tge taste of peanut butter with out distorting the cal count!