How am I going to lose 100lbs!?

Options
Hi my goal weight is 150, my current weight is 250. I know I'm so heavy for my age but I always know that I can lose 150 lbs in a year or two. We all have weaknesses and strengths, I want to overcome my weaknesses and become a better person, for myself and those I love ❤️

Replies

• blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1 pound at a time. Figure out how much you want to lose per week .5-2lbs, set your goal to that and weigh your food and track all of your calories. I day at a time you can do it! I've lost 70lbs so far and have 30-40 more to go. It seems overwhelming at first but you can do it
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Start tracking everything. Learn what works for you and what does not.

Move. Move more. Move faster. Try new and interesting ways of moving. Lift heavy things. Find fun hobbies that involve movement, such as hiking or social dancing.

Establish good habits. Add a new goal or habit to work on every month or so.

What does age have to do with anything?
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    you are going to worry about each lb individually. 100lbs is a mountain. move it one rock (lb) at a time. You have to decide it is happening. Mental block is the only thing that will stop you!
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I treated it like it was my job to loose weight. I knew to weigh and track food and to exercise. I knew to consume less. So, i put my head down and just did it. 2 years later and i'm down 100+ lbs, now i'm shooting for a "normal" bmi. (20-30 more lbs) U can do this if you want to, good luck!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    The same way EVERYONE ELSE who has lost 100lbs does. I hope you realize, if so many other people can do it, OF COURSE you can! Check out the success stories page! There's many many people who have had more to lose than you and been successful!
  • jasmine3012015
    jasmine3012015 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1 pound at a time. Figure out how much you want to lose per week .5-2lbs, set your goal to that and weigh your food and track all of your calories. I day at a time you can do it! I've lost 70lbs so far and have 30-40 more to go. It seems overwhelming at first but you can do it

Yes! Thank you for your motivation
  • jasmine3012015
    Options
    I treated it like it was my job to loose weight. I knew to weigh and track food and to exercise. I knew to consume less. So, i put my head down and just did it. 2 years later and i'm down 100+ lbs, now i'm shooting for a "normal" bmi. (20-30 more lbs) U can do this if you want to, good luck!

Thank you and awesome job on your weight loss!
  • jasmine3012015
    Options

Move. Move more. Move faster. Try new and interesting ways of moving. Lift heavy things. Find fun hobbies that involve movement, such a hiking or social dancing.

You're very right! Thanks and my doctor always told me I'm heavy for a 18 year old
  • jasmine3012015
    Options
    glitzy196 wrote: »
    you are going to worry about each lb individually. 100lbs is a mountain. move it one rock (lb) at a time. You have to decide it is happening. Mental block is the only thing that will stop you!
    One lb at a time is what I'll do! Thank you!!(:
  • jasmine3012015
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    The same way EVERYONE ELSE who has lost 100lbs does. I hope you realize, if so many other people can do it, OF COURSE you can! Check out the success stories page! There's many many people who have had more to lose than you and been successful!
    Thanks I will check them out
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Move. Move more. Move faster. Try new and interesting ways of moving. Lift heavy things. Find fun hobbies that involve movement, such a hiking or social dancing.

You're very right! Thanks and my doctor always told me I'm heavy for a 18 year old

Your weight should be about the same at 18, 25, 30...your height and frame size won't change now that you are an adult.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Time, weighing food, staying within your calories (most of the time), and moving more. I've lost 107 lbs so I can tell you that it works, and is completely doable.

My top tip: I fit some chocolate or a treat in almost every day. It may require moving more (to earn more calories), but makes me feel like I'm not on a "diet", eliminates any guilt over " bad" foods (because nothing is bad or banned), and makes me very happy.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Agreed.

I focused on 5 pound goals. Work on one, hit it, pat yourself on the back, look to the next. It seems overwhelming at first but you can do it. There's a folk song that goes "inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow..." Just keep that in mind and you'll be good.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! :)

I was once were you were (over 260lbs), and it's true that slow and steady wins the race. Instead of thinking "I have 100lbs to lose", set yourself 20lb mini goals to reach instead....much less daunting. :) I found this method to work well for me, and it cuts down on the anxiety, too.

Just plug your stats into myfitnesspal and eat the mount of calories it tells you to a T. Weigh everything all foods and beverages you put into your mouth, and log everything.

There is some amazing information in this thread. You've go this. :)
  • Monsterdog1114
    Monsterdog1114 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I suggest you aim for small goals. I usually use every 10 pounds when I go down a 'digit'. I try not to focus on the big picture.. (it can be too overwhelming).
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you girl. I started at 278, now at 254 with a goal of 150. It takes time. That is the hardest thing I have had to learn. I wanted it all gone quickly and it just hasn't happened that way. But, it is possible and we will get it done. The above suggestions are all good. My personal mini goals are 15 pounds at a time.

Another thing, be realistic. If you know you will not be able to eliminate carbs, sugar, meat or whatever long term don't even bother starting that way. You know what you like to eat, so find a way to fit those things in from time to time. Set yourself up to be successful from the start.
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, take it 1 pound at a time. Heck, some weeks it will be 1/4 pound at a time!!! Your attitude and consistency in maintaining your calorie goal will be the key to losing 100 pounds. You can do this!

Start thinking of some non food rewards to give yourself for each 10-20 pounds you lose. I would pick a digital food scale that measures in grams as the first, if you do not already have one. It will be your most beneficial tool in losing weight.

Read these posts if you haven't already. They are filled with wonderful tips and are your best chance for life long success with this, especially with regards to learning how to log accurately.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Jasmine,
    After the first 20 lbs. you will look better and feel better, and justifiably feel proud of yourself.
    That helps. I like your attitude too of overcoming your weaknesses, you are a winner!
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    We all have weaknesses and strengths, I want to overcome my weaknesses and become a better person, for myself and those I love ❤️

Ditto on what's already been said @jasmine3012015. The quote from your original post reminded me of something I wish I'd known when I was losing weight: Use your strengths to help you!

What strengths (mental, emotional, physical) do you already have that can help you?

• mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    From someone who has started, stopped, gained weight back, etc., the biggest thing I can say is keep your chin up! Everyone motivates differently. For me, even though I have about 100 pounds to lose as well (my profile picture does not show what's going on from the neck down haha), I have set smaller goals for myself because I would get so down. So right now my goal is to lose 15 pounds. When I hit 15 I will try for 25 and so on. Just getting that confidence knowing that I am doing it can help a lot!

Also invest in a step/activity tracker. I love my FitBit. I have done challenges with friends for motivation. I did adjust my step goal and once I hit a goal for a solid 10+ days I increase it. I find myself playing ping pong with co-workers--taking more steps around the office, walking while I'm on the phone, even parking further away to get those steps in.

Losing weight is a journey and there will be times where you want to pull your hair out--just keep focused, keep motivated, etc. You can do it!