Spinach and Feta Chicken Sausage dogs

Options
I posted this in another thread but thought I'd post it as it's own topic. I've recently started taking down recipes for that I make. These were sooo yummy!

651mvp.jpg

2zi3hht.jpg

1 Spinach and Feta chicken sausage link (comes in a pack. you can cook more than one at once, but I'm just doing this recipe per serving).
Chopped up Vidalia onion
Chopped up baby bella mushrooms
1 steak bun or hoagie bun
Mozzarella Cheese

Put sausage link in pan with a little olive oil to coat the pan and fry until browned, or until desired. In another pan, sauté Vidalia onions and mushrooms. I just put measurements above because the recipe thing makes me, but as much as YOU want to top on our sausage is good. This is just about as much as I used personally. Once both are done, put sausage in bun, top with sauteed onions and mushrooms, top with mozzarella cheese! I added about a tbsp of Ragu marinara (about 20 extra cals) sauce to the top of mine and it was great! Serve with a side of veggies!

Of course you can substitute the bun for a wheat bun, but at my store i couldn't find the big ones that would fit the sausages so i had to get these.

Replies