Looking for people to take the weight loss journey with.

Options
My name is Joe I'm 5'9 I have lost my way more than once but I am back and comfortable with this choice to live better and eat right. I was drinking way to much and it lead to some big problems as well as a bigger waist line. I am almost 30 days as of now (writing this) Back on Myfitnesspal and I'm doing well. I just moved and as of now have i no idea what I weigh but at the hospital i was 348.9 pounds I feel much better now and have lost some already. I'm going to be on a long road to my fitness goals and want to find others in the 300 plus club to team up with to keep accountable with and to share ideas and knowledge with. If this sounds like something interesting friend request me thanks!

Replies

• OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. I was not over 300 lbs., but I was 225 when I started this about 10 months ago.
  • Josephfunk
    Josephfunk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Outstanding 10 months is great. How have you progressed?
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Not in the 300 club anymore, but I was 320 when I began, 275 now.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Josephfunk wrote: »
    Outstanding 10 months is great. How have you progressed?

I lost 53 lbs. so far.

I attribute 80% of that to walking. I power walk at about a 4mph pace between 3 and 5 miles per day, 7 days a week. I ball park my calories, and just started not tracking them in MFP because I only have 22 lbs. left to lose, and want to start managing my eating without measuring. It should be simple because I actually eat more than I used to. I burn so many calories each day that I can eat good and still have calories left over.

On top of that, my doctor is AWED by my progress, and all my blood levels came right back to normal, and I feel so much better than I did when I was obese, and increased my fitness level quite a bit.
  • Josephfunk
    Josephfunk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The more the merrier