What meal should be your most calories?

Options
So i'm on week one of being the healthier me. Work with a trainer2 nights a week n do yoga once. I re-meal ame find that according to my fit pal home meals avg 380-500 calories.I'm trying to make dinner less and eat dinner by 5pm before í leave work. Busy life between school n late hour at the office

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's up to you, I eat the most calories for dinner.
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Personal preference. I also like bigger dinners.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. Dessert is mine.
  • MarlyIc1
    MarlyIc1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    After workout for me as your body utilises carbs well and you need good replenishment. Dinner is next for me although I try not to eat carbs at this time
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    I tend not to eat breakfast, or if I do it's < 300 calories usually. Lunch is typically 600 - 800, dinner is 800 - 1000, and I reserve 300 - 600 for snacks throughout the day. I'm lucky enough to have a high calorie budget and still maintain a deficit right now.
  • NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I've also found dinner to be my largest meal with most calories.
    I sometimes skip breakfast, aside from tea & vitamins. I'm along with others who state that eating breakfast seems to make me hungrier all day, or at least hungrier earlier in the day.
    Personal preference really; do what works best for your schedule & eating habits.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    What meal should be your most calories?

The one that you are most hungry for.
  • moonagedaydream72
    moonagedaydream72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have heard it should be breakfast, because it jump-starts your metabolism. But I usually find my lunch is more caloric, due to the fact that I burn a lot of energy at work, and I need a bigger lunch to make it through the second half of my shift.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Meal timing, carb timing and calorie distribution are irrelevant. As long as you achieve a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.
  • mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It depends how many and how often you eat. I eat 5 meals a day, the largest meals being pre and post workout.
  • mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Meal timing, carb timing and calorie distribution are irrelevant. As long as you achieve a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.

This true if your only goal is to lose weight. If it is for muscle building and performance enhancement, meal timing is vert important.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    mmarie_3 wrote: »

This true if your only goal is to lose weight. If it is for muscle building and performance enhancement, meal timing is vert important.

The OP is trying to lose. Maidentl advice is spot on.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I eat my high cals in morning around 500 and my dinner around 500 or 300 depending. I find a high protein/fat veg for breakfast in a high cal can actually carry me through the day.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It is up to you

Mine is evening snacks around 10 a huge bow of popcorn and fruit every night
    and ice cream when i have room enough :)

95069916.png
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    If you goal is loss, eat when you want to eat, and how it works with your schedule.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I like 3 mostly equal squares & an evening snack. When I worked out a lot, workouts were better with a big meal ~1-1.5 hours before.

I delay (never skip) breakfast sometimes, only because of planning, but feel terrible when I wait too long.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you.

I like a moderate breakfast, a big lunch, maybe a light snack around 5-6 PM and a small/late dinner.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It is totally up to you!

For me, my highest calorie meals are breakfast and my evening dinner!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    mmarie_3 wrote: »

That's debatable too
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My three meals are relatively equally divided, but that's because I can't function during the day unless I've had a decent breakfast and lunch, which then only leaves me with 450 or so calories for dinner, as I'm eating about 1,500 calories per day for weight loss. Before I started counting calories, my dinners were easily 1,200 calories. I never understand how some people can skip breakfast and even exercise on an empty stomach - I couldn't do that.