Breakfast choices- high in protein

Options
Hey guys ! I'm not a really big fan on breakfast but it is the most important meal of the day...so I suppose I should try to incorporate it into my diet to get the results I want. My dr. Has told me that not eating breakfast is horrible for my metabolism and actually keeps all the bad unwanted stuff in my body, which I kinda Already knew. My question is what are great foods for breakfast. I'm s college study so I'm always on the go do something convenient is ideal. I'm tired of eating boiled eggs , oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches , green smoothies, grapefruits, soooo plsssss help if you can.

Replies

• traciel208
    traciel208 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found chia seeds are good. 2 tablespoon in 1/2 cup milk (I like cashew milk) then you can add all sorts of things to change the taste up like pumpkin and nutmeg, any kinds of nuts, fruit, you name it. I make small containers at the beginning of the week and put it in the fridge and just grab one a day like I would a yogurt. You can eat it cold or warm it up.
  • dede39
    dede39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What about breakfast burrito with the fruit salad. Or maybe a whole wheat waffles
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Skip breakfast. Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day. It does not matter when you eat your food. Eat at the times that work for you.
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Why not add a little chocolate protein to your coffee and blend. It's easy for me to drink and gives me a bit of protein
  • Queensosaa_
    Queensosaa_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I will definitely try these
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Since you're NOT a fan, AND you are a busy student, AND your doctor wants you to have it, I suggest drinking it. I like @looney9708 's suggestion. Students do seem to live off caffeine.

Have a smoothie of some kind and you don't have to stick to green. You can use vanilla whey powder with a frozen banana and milk for instance.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I eat a protein bar for breakfast. Convenient, sweet, goes great with my morning Diet Coke, and high in protein.

Some people find that eating when they are not hungry, like forcing themselves to eat breakfast, leaves them with fewer calories to eat when they are actually hungry so they wind up going over their calories.

What you say your doctor said doesn't make a lick of sense to me. I'm hoping he explained his position better than you did cuz the way you explained it sounds like derp to me.

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat breakfast! It is a personal preference. The "most important meal of the day" is a myth. Many doctors have little training in nutrition.

Some find it easier to stay within their calorie goal by not eating breakfast.

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I like smoothies

If you like gingerbread, Oxygen magazine has a recipe for a delicious Gingerbread cookie shake: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup vanilla enriched Rice Dream, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T molasses, and ice cubes. Blend and drink ! Mmmmmm

I also like a Creamsicle, which is a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat vanilla yogurt. Blend and drink.

The Protein Packed Pina Colada smoothie is blended with the following ingredients: Cup cottage cheese, cup canned pineapple or cup pineapple juice, half a frozen banana, half a cup of milk, 1 T coconut, half a scoop vanilla protein powder, and a cup of ice cubes.

The Key Lime Protein Shake is blended with half an avocado, juice of a lime, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 T coconut, a cup of milk, and 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional).

The Chocolate Maple Shake is made by blending a cup of milk, 3 T protein powder, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 tsp maple syrup

Last but not least, for a change, I blend a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat coffee yogurt. Also good!

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Whatever meal you eat first in the day is technically "breakfast," it really doesn't matter what time you eat it. If you're not hungry till noon, there is no need to eat until noon.