C25K or any running Before & After piccies

Options

Replies

• WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love this post! :) I think I've always said "I'm not a runner" yet I'm doing C25K, lol.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 & I haven't lost as much weight as I would have wanted. But, I'm happy because I've lost inches all over (I was always scared of having loose skin). I'm actually swimming in my clothes. People have noticed that I look slimmer too. Also, I lift weights (like up to 20lbs sometimes). I have now added morning workouts as well, now that I'm fitter, in order to speed up my weightloss.
  • lisarea425
    lisarea425 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    before
    P1000151.jpg

after (i now run 12 to 15 miles a week)
    P1000700.jpg

This might come off as odd, but you can tell running has really helped your butt!!!

it really has!!! my butt was saggy and squishy, lol. now it's lifted and firm!!!

Ok now I am convinced I am gonna start running!! :P Great results.
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Definitely convinced. My butt so needs help.. And your butt is just wow.. Started the 30 day shred this week. Might just start the C25k next week and do the two together.

Have started C25K twice now, but feel like I don't progress - find it so so hard to run for 1 minute.. But having got through Day 3 Level 1 on the Shred and finding that I actually did see that I was better able for it has given me some hope!!

I want your butt - so I'm motivited already!!

You're looking fab!! Well done.. And thank you for the motiviation!!
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    Definitely convinced. My butt so needs help.. And your butt is just wow.. Started the 30 day shred this week. Might just start the C25k next week and do the two together.

Have started C25K twice now, but feel like I don't progress - find it so so hard to run for 1 minute.. But having got through Day 3 Level 1 on the Shred and finding that I actually did see that I was better able for it has given me some hope!!

Just keep it up, and dont be afraid to repeat a week if you need to! Its not about doing it in 9 weeks, about getting u up and about and aiming for that continuous 5k! I struggled so badly on my first week. I wasnt a runner at all. I kept at it, and now im on week 3, and at the beginning of each week i think "Oh god, look how long i have to run for now" and yet i pretty much end up doing it and then im like "how the hell did i do that? I couldnt have done that last week!"
    So basically my advice is keep at it, and just think of how good your butt will look!! :D
    Options
    oops double post!
    Options
    Oops double post
  • sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I am about half-way through the program and am feeling much better! I'm doing the 30 Day Shred as well so not sure which has helped most, but I've lost 17 pounds! :) No pics though.... :( I'll see if I can find some when I totally done with the program.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options

If I can do it, anyone can! My entire life I HATED running and avoided it at all cost. For whatever reason I decided I wanted to give it a try about a year ago, and was doing it on my own - run as far as you can until you think you're going to die and then take a walk break and repeat for 45 minutes. That did NOT work, and I quickly gave it up... not to mention having to take a week off between every run because I was so sore I could barely walk.

So, back in Feb I heard about this C25K thing and started. I didn't find it too hard, surprisingly, until about week 3. Then I started taking very long breaks between runs because life got in the way (and I probably subconsciously thought I couldn't actually finish it anyway). BUT, I picked it back up this week and finished the big jump to 20 minutes straight on the first try last night - in the middle of a thunderstorm!! On to week 6 I go... healthier and happier!
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Here are my results from running. I couldn't run more than 3 min when I first started. Now I am running 15-25 miles a week!!!

Beforeafter.jpg
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    Oh! And I also started 30 Day Shred this week. I've found that 30DS gets my blood pumping, so I just run out the door directly after.
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Do you like it so far. I'm going to start it tonight!!! Can't wait.:happy:
    Oh! And I also started 30 Day Shred this week. I've found that 30DS gets my blood pumping, so I just run out the door directly after.
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    Do you like it so far. I'm going to start it tonight!!! Can't wait.:happy:

I do like it, actually. It's not what I expected so far on Level 1, but it's good. I'm not a good jumper, so it's forcing me to go out of my comfort zone with all the jumping jacks, jump-rope hops and butt kicks. The lunges, abs, and arm work are more in line with what I was expecting. I'm hoping the 30DS/C25K combo will start tone everything up after a pretty significant loss. Still a lot to lose, but I don't want to wait until the end to build some muscle!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I have no pics, but my weight loss and body shape changes were insignificant until I started running. Really, it's more like slugging along, but I do it every other day, no excuses. Some of it is power walking (I'm old and a former smoker, so my lungs are still recovering), but let me tell you...the change to my middle body has been amazing. My tummy pooch is nearly all gone, my thighs are firm and shapely, my butt is losing it's squishiness. Suddenly everyone is noticing how slim I'm getting and a recent trip to the store put me in Michael Kors size 6 :noway::bigsmile: . I'm only 10 pounds less than I was when I started running, but it has changed my body enormously.
  • carolynmaude
    Options
    I don't have any photos either but I started c25k in Feb. I got to about week 6 then adapted it. I ran my first 10k on Sunday in 1:01:27. I have lost a total of 28lbs so far (from 186 to 158) and running has helped in so many ways. A short run, for me, (5k) burns about 358 calories and a long run (10k) 716! Also, I finish work at about 5pm, I then go for a run which stops me from munching before dinner! Go for it. I seriously never thought I could run and now would dare to call myself a runner :o)
  • sglane
    sglane Posts: 26
    Options
    My success was a combination of diet and running, mostly diet. I started and finished C25K without the diet part and didn't see any results.

The picture on the left is 6 or 7 weeks into C25K and a couple weeks BEFORE I started MFP. That was September 18, 2010. On the right is 7 months after running, a few races and MFP. That was April 30, 2011.

runbeforeafter.jpg

http://www.ShawnDoesLife.com
  • jenkins1103
    jenkins1103 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have pictures to prove myself, but I run everyday and this week alone I lost 3.4 pounds...Running is the best type of exercise. I would highly reccomend running. once you start running and once you start eating the right type of food the pounds will just fall off.

Good Luck
  • im4unc2
    im4unc2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started the C25K back in march and recently finished it. I don't have pictures but I can tell you that I have lost 25 lbs since then. I try to do other activities as well like yoga, tennis, and basketball. But I have stuck with the C25K. When I started I had to do the first two weeks twice. If you stick with it you will build the stamina and energy to do a lot of other activities as well. Last weekend I ran 4 miles in 41:52. This past monday i ran 3 miles in 29:10. This is coming from a guy that was 265 lbs. So yes it will work if you eat healthy and exercise. Best of luck to you. You will not regret getting off the couch and running!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I wish I had taken pictures but didn't. I am on week 9 of C25K with my first race this Saturday! My weight loss really picked up about week 4 or 5 and has been steady ever since. My diet is a big part of that too though. However, I am finally losing real inches off my thights and waist! I'm much slimmer already and I only run every other day. I'm not doing any other exercise right now, though I plan on adding in some strength training soon.
  • missfitp
    missfitp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hated running too until I tried it last Sunday. My friend who lost more than 100 lbs. insists it helped her a lot. I just began, but I'm beginning to like it. I was able to run for 10 minutes straight and I'm beginning to challenge myself to run faster. I hope it does give me the results that other people are having. Good luck and I will post my results in the near future hopefully.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!