How to Be Patient

Options
2»

Replies

• rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Trust me it's worth the wait. ;)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    joridusome wrote: »
    Hi y'all!
    My name's Jo, and I just got back from 10 months of traveling the world- eating and drinking excessively and working out minimally.
    I gained around 35 pounds while I was away and now that I'm back in real life, I can't stand how my body is.
    I've been going to the gym every day and following a strict calorie count, but there's lots of days where I get frustrated that I'm not seeing a change immediately (which is silly, I know) but it nearly makes me want to quit. Any help for keepin yourself motived through the change?

Wow! What an experience! Hope you enjoyed every minute of it. Don't lose the experience by regretting where you are now. You put on some weight over 10 months and you'll take it off. Also, don't fall into the trap of the all or nothing attitude. I'm sure you ate lots of yummy food during your travels. Not sure if you like to cook, but what I'd do is experiment making some of those delicious dishes and tweaking them a bit to be healthier.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I mean, you're gonna be going through each day anyway. You might as well try to do something that could improve your overall health. The alternative is to make the situation worse, and make any goals you decide on in the future that much harder.

Amen!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    A pound a week does feel agonizingly slow, but then a few months go by and I have lost double digits, hurray!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Instead of "being patient" find ways to enjoy the process. That turns the "waste of time" that is weight loss into something you look forward to daily.

Yeah, patience my rosy red bottom, I WANT to lose a pound this week, gosh darn it!