Do you feel weird....

Options
saying "I don't have any weight to lose?" I've been maintaining for 20 years, and I still feel like I should be trying to lose weight.

Replies

• curbanec
    curbanec Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have just recently reached my goal weight (still need to do some toning)and I don't feel weird not needing to lose but I am finding it difficult to stay motivated.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    curbanec wrote: »
    I have just recently reached my goal weight (still need to do some toning)and I don't feel weird not needing to lose but I am finding it difficult to stay motivated.

Don't fall into the trap. You don't have to feel motivated all the time, but keep logging, exercising, and (mostly) eating right.

You and your family look beautiful, by the way!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Not really. Maintaining for over 5 years here.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow @lithezebra congratulations on 20 years <3

I've been maintaining for 3 years now....and still I struggle with body image.....I still see the 'fat' me....pick the wrong size of the shelf etc etc.....am plagued with doubt some days and those days can be better or worse than others depending on my mood......

I just keep plugging in those numbers, using the scales (kitchen and body) and the tape measurements.....it sounds excessive and probably is but it keeps me at least hovering on the right side of not panicking..... (insert wry smile)
  • lithezebra
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Wow @lithezebra congratulations on 20 years <3

I've been maintaining for 3 years now....and still I struggle with body image.....I still see the 'fat' me....pick the wrong size of the shelf etc etc.....am plagued with doubt some days and those days can be better or worse than others depending on my mood......

I just keep plugging in those numbers, using the scales (kitchen and body) and the tape measurements.....it sounds excessive and probably is but it keeps me at least hovering on the right side of not panicking..... (insert wry smile)

Thank you. Me too! I have to check size charts over and over before I'll order something in my real size. I see most other people of healthy ideal weight as being smaller than me. I suppose that maybe not feeling entirely secure may have helped me all these years.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I'm dieting... Pretty much my whole teenage/ adult life. During my pregnancies and nursing years are the only times I "let myself go". Weirdly, I gained a normal amount during my pregnancies and lost it all plus some while nursing.

I think I'll always feel like I need to lose a few pounds no matter what I weigh. Fortunately, I've never been skinny enough for anyone to be concerned.
  • lithezebra
    edited October 2015
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »

I think I'll always feel like I need to lose a few pounds no matter what I weigh. Fortunately, I've never been skinny enough for anyone to be concerned.

I was that skinny for a while, when I had gastritis and threw up most anything I ate, and doctors kept saying that I looked fabulous, super healthy and athletic. It's a strange world. (I don't want to be that skinny again. I lost my glute muscles).

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Been maintaining 6 years and haven't thought 'weight to lose' for most of that time.

I have a 5 lb range that I slide up and down constantly.

I have thought 'weight to gain' on occasion, so now I come back and log for a few weeks when my routines are changing to make sure that doesn't happen.

Cheers, h.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    No, because after a few years on maintenance I realize staying healthy active and feeling good take the discipline of proper nutrition and exercise and sleep and drinking water. And weighing in at least once a week if not daily. Just like brushing my teeth or bathing daily, it's all part of the routine.