P90X - Calorie Count

Options
Wondering how people figure out the P90X videos?

I do not do them religiously but on days that I do not feel like running, swimming, or biking - I turn on one of my husbands cardio, plyo, yoga, or ab ripper videos. They are not in the system to "add" as exercises. I have been adding them in as aerobic activity. Any suggestions?

Replies

• fidgekitty
    fidgekitty Posts: 43
    Options
    According to p90x, each video burns about 600 calories. I'm thinking that's a general average if you're doing the program, since stretch X and Yoga likely don't burn that many, but Cardio, Plyo and Coresynergistics could easily exceed that. You can always use "calisthenics" which is under cardio, they have various levels of effort, for example, I'll put 10 minutes of stretching, about 10-15 minutes of moderate effor calisthenics, an 35 minutes of strenuous effort calisthenics. This way you can gauge it off your effort and accomplishments. I'm still trying to figure out what to put for the strength training, since I'm not gonna itemize every workout he has us do, so unless I really get my heartrate up, usually put moderate effort calisthenics and stretching in my diary.
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i use calisthenics or circuit training.
  • ghoztt
    ghoztt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been using either calisthenics or circuit training as the description whenever I do a P90X video because the calories burned is close to what my HRM shows for the minutes working out. I heard the 600 calories number as well as an average and that is probably right for the average health person to burn but if you're overweight/out of shape you are going to burn more. My HRM reports about 850 on average for a P90X vid. Your best best to figure out your own calories burned (and you're going to hear this a lot) is to get a heart rate monitor.