Friends Gaining weight via Weight lifting

I have lost 70 lbs over the past year or so, but as of thanksgiving I will begin a calorie surplus to slowly gain weight via weight lifting, etc. Looking for friends with similar goals. Im a 39 year old male, married, 4 kids (yep 4).

There are a lot of people wanting to gain weight on here, but who out there is focusing on gaining it through training, eating right, and tracking everything?

I would like to build friends with similar goals.

Please add me if you are the same. Thanks!!

Replies

• dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    70lbs awesome , I have gone down the exact same route .only needed to lose 35lbs though ( only !!) and now gaining lean mass through lifting for the last couple of months . Slowly but surely
  • coryrood
    coryrood Posts: 100 Member
    Me and you have pretty much the exact same path. Are you running a structured routine?
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Me... going through slow recomp, eating within/ up to my goals, and lifting heavy. I've gained almost 20lbs since I started... it's been a good little while though... several years. I didn't even find a good program until maybe a year and a half ago, so some of that time was not used as effectively as it could have been.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    coryrood wrote: »
    Me and you have pretty much the exact same path. Are you running a structured routine?

Great to hear! I look forward to hearing how your progress goes.

I do cardio about twice a week but only for about thirty minutes max. Most days I am doing free weights in my basement which I really enjoy. I've been working hard on ensuring progressive overload and scheduling what I do each day of the week. So far so good.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    thank you everyone for your friend requests. I'm looking forward to the next handful of months to see what I can accomplish over time
  • coryrood
    coryrood Posts: 100 Member
    moto450 wrote: »
    coryrood wrote: »

Great to hear! I look forward to hearing how your progress goes.

I do cardio about twice a week but only for about thirty minutes max. Most days I am doing free weights in my basement which I really enjoy. I've been working hard on ensuring progressive overload and scheduling what I do each day of the week. So far so good.

Only difference is I started adding calories almost 2 months ago. I'd start ramping tour daily calories up now as your 1700 per day is probably 1500 calories low.