Bride to be weight loss advice

Options
heyyaa,

Its 3 weeks prior to my wedding day and i still have 3lbs to lose in order to look slimmer in my wedding dress. The problem is, the nearer the date of my wedding, the lesser the motivation to diet!! Which is totally weird of me I know.

Any tips to get back into track and to lose 3 lbs in 2-3 weeks? (Food intake) because my exercise remains the same (HIIT 30 mins, 3-4 times per week).

Replies

• tinger12
    tinger12 Posts: 62 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Three pounds? You are concerned over three pounds? I thought I had weight issues with 280 pounds to lose for my goal over the next three years. Sorry but three pounds is not going to show much difference unless you weight only 30 pounds (10%).

[Edited by MFP Staff]
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else - 3lbs is nothing in the grand scheme of things. You won't look visibly different in your dress after losing 3 lbs. I'd say, be mindful of your food - exercise as and when you can but ultimately, don't worry about it and enjoy your wedding..
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others....3lbs movement on the scale for me factors in TOM, how much sodium I consumed the day before, whether it is a rest day after a hard workout day, or if I haven't done a poo for a day.

Seriously...you are getting married!! It is going to be a MASSIVE day! Don't waste your energy on 3lbs.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I can gain 3lbs in a day, which I fully expect to happen on my wedding day with all the food around. I wouldn't worry about such a small amount; focus on something more important and just keep going as you are.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    tinger12 wrote: »
    Three pounds? You are concerned over three pounds? I thought I had weight issues with 280 pounds to lose for my goal over the next three years. Sorry but three pounds is not going to show much difference unless you weight only 30 pounds (10%).

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    3 lbs of fat on someone who is already slim CAN make a visual difference to that person, but wouldn't be very noticeable to anyone else. OP, do you have an average of how many calories you burn per day? A 500 per day deficit equals roughly a pound a week. You can also cut back on sodium and carbs to drop some water weight, which will make a bit of a difference in the way your body looks.

Three pounds? You are concerned over three pounds? I thought I had weight issues with 280 pounds to lose for my goal over the next three years. Sorry but three pounds is not going to show much difference unless you weight only 30 pounds (10%). Sorry for being snippy, but your issue seems so "first world" to someone like me.

Weight loss in general is pretty "first world", wouldn't you say? It's a problem revolving around having too much delicious food.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    buy some spanks
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    buy some spanks

This. Other option would be to not drink alcohol and really cut down on carbs and salt for the last couple of days before the weddingso you lose all excess water weight.
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    With that little to lose, focus on exercising and eating healthily in the days leading up to the wedding so that you will have a healthy glow and plenty of energy. Avoid foods that can cause bloating and get plenty of water. Good luck! You will look beautiful on your wedding day!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest plenty of rest every night, and go for some non-food pampering. Like a day at the spa, a refreshing mask, pedicure or massage. I think there's a reason you aren't in the mood for any more dieting.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    3 lbs of fat on someone who is already slim CAN make a visual difference to that person, but wouldn't be very noticeable to anyone else. OP, do you have an average of how many calories you burn per day? A 500 per day deficit equals roughly a pound a week. You can also cut back on sodium and carbs to drop some water weight, which will make a bit of a difference in the way your body looks.

Three pounds? You are concerned over three pounds? I thought I had weight issues with 280 pounds to lose for my goal over the next three years. Sorry but three pounds is not going to show much difference unless you weight only 30 pounds (10%). Sorry for being snippy, but your issue seems so "first world" to someone like me.

Weight loss in general is pretty "first world", wouldn't you say? It's a problem revolving around having too much delicious food.

I agree 3lbs for me is the difference between a comfortable size 4 and a tight size 4 going to move to a 6 cause i don't like to be uncomfortable.

I still say get some spanks...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    heyyaa,

Its 3 weeks prior to my wedding day and i still have 3lbs to lose in order to look slimmer in my wedding dress. The problem is, the nearer the date of my wedding, the lesser the motivation to diet!! Which is totally weird of me I know.

Any tips to get back into track and to lose 3 lbs in 2-3 weeks? (Food intake) because my exercise remains the same (HIIT 30 mins, 3-4 times per week).

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

My advice is to NOT try to lose 3 pounds in 2 to 3 weeks.

3 pounds will not make or break you, and will not make you look slimmer, just as the extra 3 pounds will not make you look bigger. This part is all in your perception.

I understand you are probably getting more nervous as your wedding day approaches, but I suggest trying to relax, enjoy the process, eat at a healthy calorie deficit, continue exercise if that's what you like to do, and be 100% present with no worries when you reach your wedding day.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    buy some spanks

:smile:
  • SLLRunner
    Options

I agree 3lbs for me is the difference between a comfortable size 4 and a tight size 4 going to move to a 6 cause i don't like to be uncomfortable.

I still say get some spanks...

3 pounds never make my clothes tighter at all, but my clothes would be tighter after about 5 pounds.

I thought you were talking about the sexy kind of spanks, hence the reply to you above with the smile >:) , and looked it up to see it's another name for Spanx. LOL. Where is my mind this morning?
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hey, if its your goal then its your goal. Dont let anyone diminish what you're trying to accomplish! I think for the last few weeks before the wedding you could switch up your exercise. Changing activities causes the body to have to work a little harder. Maybe focus on parts of your body that show in your dress too, like arms or shoulders. You may not see much change but you could and if it makes you feel better knowing you reached your goal by your wedding then go for it. But I bet your nutrition calories are fine if youve been losing well up to now, but switching exercise for a few weeks should give you a boost!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I advise easing up before the big day because I've attended too many weddings where the bride is hangry. At one memorable event the bride fainted and the event was nearly cancelled. It's a big day with lots of stuff going on. Call me selfish, but I enjoy seeing a bride glowing, happy, energized, and confident.
  • beautyaddict452
    beautyaddict452 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Two weeks before my wedding I reduced carbs and sodium, it will just reduce bloat and water weight. This is not a real weight loss but it can help you look your best on a special day. Hope this helps! Congrats on your big day!!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I advise easing up before the big day because I've attended too many weddings where the bride is hangry. At one memorable event the bride fainted and the event was nearly cancelled. It's a big day with lots of stuff going on. Call me selfish, but I enjoy seeing a bride glowing, happy, energized, and confident.

My BF got to deal with "hangry" on our vacation last week. We were at an all inclusive resort and occasionally missed when the food was available.

I wish I was at the point that I had to worry about 3-5 pounds making a difference!

Personally I would want sexy lace corset underneath, but that is me.
    http://www.fredericks.com/store/corsets/stretch-lace-high-waist-cincher.html
    http://www.corset-story.com/esbelt-natural-slimming-corset-es404nu-nude.html
    http://www.yandy.com/Zip-Front-Stretch-Waist-Cincher.php

I agree with don't stress over it. Cut back on salt and carbs in the days before. And be kind to yourself!

Congratulations!
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Drink a ton of water, eat healthy, and exercise focus on things that will make you look healthier in your pictures. If you starve yourself before the wedding you'll be tired and exhausted. Not to mention your weight can fluctuate just on the amount of sodium you've had the day before, how many carbs you ate, if you slept enough, did you drink alcohol, etc. I say stop weighing yourself and focus on eating a cleaner diet to feel beautiful inside and out.