Adding target weight range

Options
Hey there. Just wondering if it was possible to use a target weight range as opposed to a specific weight. I'd like to not have a drastic reduction in calories if I'm only 1/2 a pound under my target weight.

Replies

• desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Are you referring to your goal weight? I have a range that I maintain in as having a specific number will only drive you crazy as your body will fluctuate.
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Are you referring to your goal weight? I have a range that I maintain in as having a specific number will only drive you crazy as your body will fluctuate.

Totally agree, looking across the forums most people seem to gravitate to +/- 2 1/2 pounds or +/- 5 pounds. Pick a range that aligns with your natural fluctuations or you'll drive yourself crazy.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Why would you have a reduction in calories if you were 1/2 lb under your goal weight?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    you mean a goal range? yes of course, thats what alot of us do - I allow myself a 5lb range +/- that keeps me sane :smiley:
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Absolutely yes! :) In maint a weight range is essential otherwise you're going to drive yourself batty with the normal bodily weight flux. lol

Just keep in mind & don't panic if your weight range is less or more than the norm. Everyone is different so what is a normal range for one person may not be for another.

Good luck!