Exercise Routines

Options
I would classify myself as a intermediate-advice lifter/ fitness level guy. But having taken off for so long and coming back I have noticed that my know-how gets in the way of building a positive consistent routine. Do others have this issue as well?

I have made a few helpful routines if anyone needs assistance. :)

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Are you a certified trainer? Have you taken courses in exercise science?

I find a lot of lifters who don't have the outside education related to exercise science often don't realize they create imbalanced routines. I highly suggest newer lifters find a program written by some of the big experts, since they have degrees and have been time tested.
  • Clydefit88
    Clydefit88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Absolutely-I agree with you. Most of the material that I use, that was taught to me, that I was taught in a classroom, and what I tell others all comes from experience/ what I have seen works for others depending on their demographic. I'm not trying to sell anyone anything if that is what your suggesting but more or less motivate and assist. That what was done for me and I absolutely want to pass that forward.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Clydefit88 wrote: »
    Absolutely-I agree with you. Most of the material that I use, that was taught to me, that I was taught in a classroom, and what I tell others all comes from experience/ what I have seen works for others depending on their demographic. I'm not trying to sell anyone anything if that is what your suggesting but more or less motivate and assist. That what was done for me and I absolutely want to pass that forward.

I was curious if you were here to sell. I also noticed that you only had a couple of posts on the forums. Generally it's a good idea to just go offer advice in threads instead of starting your own. We don't know your history or if you actually have good advice. I've seen many people offer to help shortly after starting and it turned out they shared poor or inaccurate information. Go build a reputation on here and people will come to you for help if you have decent advice.
  • Clydefit88
    Options
    Thanks.
  • Clydefit88
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

I was curious if you were here to sell. I also noticed that you only had a couple of posts on the forums. Generally it's a good idea to just go offer advice in threads instead of starting your own. We don't know your history or if you actually have good advice. I've seen many people offer to help shortly after starting and it turned out they shared poor or inaccurate information. Go build a reputation on here and people will come to you for help if you have decent advice.

After some thought to your nasty response to me simply trying to meet, add too, and be a productive member of this community I have decided that due to your response you have done the complete opposite of what a "moderator" is supposed to do. I have yet to give any kind of advice that would lead anyone in the wrong direction and you simply just made a judgement due to whatever silly power-hungry ideal you have going on. Due to this insanely ridiculous "welcoming" statement you have granted me I will be sending this to and will be letting them know they have lost a member (and I am sure there will be more if this is how this community of "like minded" people is ran.) Thank you sincerely for letting me know how My Fitness Pals staff and administrators "encourage" their member to be active on their messages boards.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    OP- I don't think usmcmp's response was to discourage you from posting or participating in the community at all. From someone who has been here off and on for a few years, I'm going to take advice from a 'known quantity' rather than an unknown.

What I mean by that is that if I have a question regarding my lifting program I'm going to ping or listen to someone I consistently see on here providing advice that is legit.

I'm not trying to speak for her, but I interpreted her response as a suggestion for you to participate in the community to build a solid reputation and people will come to you for advice.

Hope that helps! Good luck! :smile:
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

After some thought to your nasty response to me simply trying to meet, add too, and be a productive member of this community I have decided that due to your response you have done the complete opposite of what a "moderator" is supposed to do. I have yet to give any kind of advice that would lead anyone in the wrong direction and you simply just made a judgement due to whatever silly power-hungry ideal you have going on. Due to this insanely ridiculous "welcoming" statement you have granted me I will be sending this to and will be letting them know they have lost a member (and I am sure there will be more if this is how this community of "like minded" people is ran.) Thank you sincerely for letting me know how My Fitness Pals staff and administrators "encourage" their member to be active on their messages boards.

Really sorry you felt unwelcome. I don't think the response was meant to be nasty so much as... dry, but earnest. It actually is very good advice. Like you, I also feel that some of the responses on here are filled with way more skepticism than necessary, but given that mods see all the garbage I don't, its probably warranted.

I already have a routine I like, but I'd love to hear about yours and how they're specific to your goals. I'm actually a huge nerd about most things, including diet and exercise, and would really appreciate having more people like you in the community to throw ideas around with.