Alcohol drinks?????

Options
Hello fellow partners.. :) I have a question about alcoholic beverages. Should I input those as well in my drink log?

Replies

• fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    On ly calorie free non carbonated beverages should be logged at water (caffeine free as well)

Alcohol is full of calories and those should be counted!
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    Yes as they would count against your calorie intake for the day :(
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING...including my alcohol intake. You want to keep an accurate count of what you are consuming.
  • hello_kitty3
    hello_kitty3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    they are very very high in calories it hurt my feelings when I saw it!
  • lupita1515
    Options
    Thanks guys.. Maybe this can make me chill down on the drinking..
  • Mals1805
    Mals1805 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other post that I am reading you have to be careful about alcoholic drinks, they will sneak up on you.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I log mine. They are full of empty calories, since every gram of alcohol has 7 calories that don't contribute any nutritional value. You'd be surprised how many calories a lot of drinks have, and they go down so easily, haha.
  • hello_kitty3
    hello_kitty3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I LOVE watermelon martinis but now I just look at them and cry a little inside lol
  • lupita1515
    Options
    I guess I will have to find a drink that is low on calories.. This is sad :(
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It depends on the type of drink. A shot, no. Wine, no, or only maybe 1 glass of water per 3 glass of wine. Wine is very dehydrating. But a mixed drink like a frozen *whatever* that has a ton of ice, then yeah that can probably be counted unless it very strong. Sangria, which contains a lot of water maybe. Beer, well there have been studies that show that beer hydrates you just as well as water, so why not?
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    they are very very high in calories it hurt my feelings when I saw it!

haha
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My friend does flavored vodka in diet sprite. Apparently it tastes pretty good and isn't too crazy with the calories.
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    My recommendation is Vodka with SLIMLINE tonic and a twist of lime, Delicious and about as low cals as you can get.... ie: still too much but what are you gonna do... not drink?
  • jules52008
    Options
    Wow! I want to see the study that shows beer hydrates you as well as water!!! :D Yeah!
  • lupita1515
    Options
    Thanks. I will will have to try that.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I used to love my wine, but I havent really had a drink in two months. But when I do, I love Patron Tequila (69 cals for 1oz) and Sprite Zero with a lime. Yum!!
  • Satimal
    Satimal Posts: 6
    Options
    There are "skinny" mixers that are free in calories, i haven't tried them yet but I've seen them. A shot of alcohol will contain around 60 calories. I love drinking wine but I haven't had a glass in a while :(