Ready to feel better inside and out!!!

Options
My name is Allis. I'm 34 years old and I feel like I'm 60! I'm married to a wonderful man, who loves me just as I am and calls me beautiful every chance he gets, and I have one teenage son, who I home school. I quit working going on 2 years ago to stay at home and home school my son who has severe ADHD and was having difficulty in public school. I went from walking or being on my feet for 8+ hours a day to now, most of my day is sitting on my butt on a computer. I'm not happy with who I've become. I have NEVER been this overweight before. I currently have a little over 100 lbs to lose and am terrified at the thought of exercise. My knees and back always hurt, I just recently was diagnosed with high blood pressure, I have sleep apnea, and I have a heart that doesn't always stay in rhythm. I could really use some friends to help encourage me and hold me accountable. My mind is just a flurry of negativity lately and I could really use some encouragement. Please help me out.

Replies

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have about the same amount to lose so please feel free to add me! You can lose weight without exercise, it is all about CICO (Calories In/Calories Out). If you eat a deficit it can be done. Plus once you start losing your knees and back may feel better and you can add in walking.
  • sbrmom
    sbrmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Start adding in little breaks where you get up from the computer for 5 minutes, walk around the house, stretch, do a couple of squats or crunches, just move! Feel free to add me as a friend, I have about 30 to lose and we can encourage each other!
    - Melissa
  • elaiesay2
    elaiesay2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I homeschool too, and I just spent almost all day sitting at the dining room table getting two kids through lessons. We did get a walk in, picked up so many leaves I'm surprised there are any left on the ground. Add me if you'd like. You can do it!
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I have a bad back and knees and have 100 more to lose I have started walking and doing physical therapy for my back and I think the walking is making my back stronger I will add you to my friends list if you want to be my friend