Workout Funnies

Well, since i just had a "workout funny", I thought it would be a fun topic...

I was just doing my Turbo Jam and the high low(punching up high and down low on your right then left)part came up.. I punched myself in the eye.... I did see little yellow stars... I had a good laugh.

Replies

• Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Well, since i just had a "workout funny", I thought it would be a fun topic...

I was just doing my Turbo Jam and the high low(punching up high and down low on your right then left)part came up.. I punched myself in the eye.... I did see little yellow stars... I had a good laugh.
  • nbuehrmann
    nbuehrmann Posts: 47 Member
    I've done that before! When I do taebo, I have to be careful because when you're doing the bean bag in the air (fists rolling past in each other in the air) I get tired and have knocked myself in the face more than once!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    My Tae Bo DVD is collecting dust and now I don't think I'm brave enough to try it again lol
  • dlbrock31
    dlbrock31 Posts: 7 Member
    I fell off a treadmill at a crowded gym one time. It hurt - the pride as well as the knees, butt, hips....
  • When i work out at home my two cats like to come and "coach". They run under my feet and then sprawl on the carpet EXACTLY where i need space. Once I tripped trying to avoid them and fell into a chair.

I am glad my husband was not home to see it! lol
  • Ha Ha! I fell off the treadmill too! In a croweded gym just after the new year 2007 (busy time).

I had my headphones on and I rushed over to an "open" treadmill and stepped on it before I realized it was already running at 6 mph....KaBlam!!! Why did someone leave it running?

The worst part was I was so confused I couldn't figure out to let go of the handles for about 2-3 seconds and got road rash on my knees and elbows... of course, my pride was hurt the worst.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    That's hilarious - I mean- I hope you won't too hurt!
  • sturge161
    sturge161 Posts: 37 Member
    Speaking of the double fist punching bag on Tae Bo, I am so paranoid that I am going to punch myself (again) or hit my fists together (again) that I can't get myself to go as fast as I am supposed to! I can be such a klutz! My husband did a kick his first time ever doing it and strained his hamstring so he won't even try anymore.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    So, as in any endeavor - practice makes sense.

Today I got to take a shower for the first time in 5 years without a cat watching me. I was at the gym. But I forgot a comb - practice, practice, practice. Lucky I have shorter hair and could "finger comb it."

I'm kinda uncoordinated on the whole squats / lunges thing, too. I keep tipping over.

I Love the elliptical: I can get in an almost zen-like mode, and can close my eyes and pretend I'm AT "The Phantom Of The Opera" in Vegas while listening to it.......heaven. (I'm kind of endorphin-high right now).

woo-hoo
    ~Cheryl