Are there certin foods you just had to give up?

Options
1235»

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    BBQ potato chips. And BBQ sauce in general, really. I found that if I had BBQ on anything, I'd just keep eating it, no matter what it was. So I've given up BBQ, unless it's my day to have something special. Then that's my treat, usually.

And processed cheeses. Cheeses with a bit more tang, like goat cheese or feta I can eat bits of and feel satisfied, but regular, blander cheeses? I'll eat those all day, or have way too much. So I only buy fresh or tart cheese now as a result. Tastes better on my sandwiches, anyway.
  • skinnyb450
    skinnyb450 Posts: 288
    Options
    :noway: Chocolate - I can eat a whole Family block to myself :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :blushing: Bread - Now I have bread once a week.:ohwell:
    NO TAKEOUT at all .....We used to buy Chinese EVERY thursday night - :sad: :sad: :sad:
    Potato Chips....:sad:

But it is all good....I feel so much better and don't need all the above "crappy" food :drinker:
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i gave up junk food (chips cookies, cakes) soda and fast food...oh how i miss taco bell. i would get ;large sized meals and eat the whole thing ahh
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Pizza! I know one piece would be fine, but I can't eat just one. And I'm afraid it will put my into binge mode! I miss it but it's not worth the risk. :)
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    :grumble: RICE! A Cajun just is not a true Cajun if you can't eat rice!!! But with the rice you have to have gravy of some sort too and it just goes on from there. I have only eaten a small portion of rice with 1 sushi roll since 4-1-11. And actually, I don't miss it. I haven't eaten a piece of bread since then either and don't miss it. I bought low-carb tortillas and I use romaine leaves in place of bread on sandwiches and even "tacos". So those are things I've given up pretty much completely.

Now, if you put a cake or batch of cookies in my house - I will have to make it disappear. So I just don't do it. My kids made cookies the other day and gave me 2 and they ate the rest. I went back to get more but they were all gone :ohwell: phew.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I like to say I haven't given up anything and I can eat anything in moderation, but, yes, crackers, wheat thins, triscuits, anything crunchy salty like that, even plain old ritz or saltines... i just CAN'T stop, I can count out a serving and if there's more, I'll end up eating them all. I can eat one small block of dark chocolate but I can't stop eating crackers.. Sad, but true!!
  • ktmcqueen
    ktmcqueen Posts: 81
    Options
    I gave up regular pop but started drinking diet. I don't think I've given up anything entirely. I just saw that most places will let you order pizza- no dough. It's about 200 calories less then if you were to get a regular pizza. :) An alternative to when you're craving pizza!
  • Bleu_grl
    Bleu_grl Posts: 1
    Options
    i'm like that too. haven't really given up anything - just try to plan more when and how much of it I eat. i don't ever want to start to feel deprived or like i'm starving myself or else i will go hog wild and give in and up. my goal is to develope healthier attitudes towards the things i eat and not let them control me.
  • bonini88
    bonini88 Posts: 8
    Options
    i had to give up cookies. I LOVE COOKIES =(.... but so far ive been able to substitute them with fruit or raisins, which remind me of cookies but arent.... does that make sense? ..... i am however still trying to work on the mocha ice coffee from dunkin, slowly but surely.