From flabby to fabulous please?

alfonsinarosinsky
alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Would anyone be willing to post pictures of legs that weren't too great and then got toned? My legs are full of cellulite and I would love some motivation that weight training can change that. I am 61 years old so I'm not sure if that will happen but I am doing intense weight training 3 times a week with 6 days of cardio included for about 5 weeks now. I'm not expecting miracles but I would love to wear a bathing suit without feeling embarrassed. I know it will take time so I am going to be patient. Here is a picture of my legs now. Hoping they will change. Been losing weight also. Have lost 10 lbs this month for a total of about 51 lbs. I still have about 75 lbs to go. I'm embarrassed by this picture but I'd like some honest input if this could change. Forgot to mention that I am working with a great trainer for 3 hours a week. Also the lump under my knee is from a fall I took a few days ago. e8deckfqw7tt.jpg
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Congrats on your loss and kudos to you for starting to weight train! I had rather large legs to start with, but most of my cellulite was on my behind (I caught myself as it was creeping toward the front of my legs/knees), so I can't really share a good picture-but I can say, after getting into a healthy weight range, it is definitely smoother. The weight training helped too I'm sure. It's not PERFECT, but it's at a point where I feel pretty comfortable in a bathing suit or being in the nude in front of a mate.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    edited July 2015
    arditarose wrote: »
    Congrats on your loss and kudos to you for starting to weight train! I had rather large legs to start with, but most of my cellulite was on my behind (I caught myself as it was creeping toward the front of my legs/knees), so I can't really share a good picture-but I can say, after getting into a healthy weight range, it is definitely smoother. The weight training helped too I'm sure. It's not PERFECT, but it's at a point where I feel pretty comfortable in a bathing suit or being in the nude in front of a mate.

Thanks for your reply. Yes smoother would be nice. I have much more in front than in back. It's hard to tell if it's any better than when I started. Unfortunately I didn't measure when I started. Again, thanks for answering
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    arditarose wrote: »

Thanks for your reply. Yes smoother would be nice. I have much more in front than in back. It's hard to tell if it's any better than when I started. Unfortunately I didn't measure when I started. Again, thanks for answering

You can measure now! I some others have success pictures they can post.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Wow, that's a great improvement!!!! Congratulation in how far you've come !!
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Wow, that's a great improvement!!!! Congratulation in how far you've come !!

Thank you so much. Been working hard.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    That definitely is a great improvement! I'm glad you pushed trough and can now see the results :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    That's an amazing change in three months! Great work!
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Thank you so much.
  • DarleneSprague
    DarleneSprague Posts: 1 Member
    amazing and thanks for sharing.. your pictures give me hope!
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    edited October 2015
    Hoping to encourage others too. I'll post here again in another 3 months.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    amazing and thanks for sharing.. your pictures give me hope!

I'm so glad Darlene.
  • CassieHiggin
    CassieHiggin Posts: 5 Member
    Wow your progress is so great!! Keep up the good work :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    That is a wonderful change.
    As far as swim suits go, if you are not confident wearing one yet; you should be.
    Put one on and wear it around the house so you start to feel comfortable in it. If you feel confident, you carry what you are wearing so much

Cheers, h.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    edited October 2015
    Wow your progress is so great!! Keep up the good work :)

Thank you so much!! And thanks for the friend request.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    edited October 2015
    That is a wonderful change.
    As far as swim suits go, if you are not confident wearing one yet; you should be.
    Put one on and wear it around the house so you start to feel comfortable in it. If you feel confident, you carry what you are wearing so much

Cheers, h.

Thank you so much. Great advice!!

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    @alfonsinarosinsky I'm 62 and hadn't wore a swim suit in decades so walked around the house in one until I was used to seeing so much skin exposed. Now I take bikinis on vacation and don't care what anyone thinks.
    Looking forward to the next leg update.

Cheers, h.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    @alfonsinarosinsky I'm 62 and hadn't wore a swim suit in decades so walked around the house in one until I was used to seeing so much skin exposed. Now I take bikinis on vacation and don't care what anyone thinks.
    Looking forward to the next leg update.

Cheers, h.

That's awesome. You look great though in your profile picture. I'll try it.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Excellent progress! You look great!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Wow! You look amazing. What a difference. I also look forward to your next update.