up 2.5 this week and feeling down

Options
need to vent to y'all - I know my diary hasn't been the greatest and maybe I'm just trying to make excuses?? (I'm just a little frustrated today). I've been super busy and had a bunch of functions this week, didn't get a chance to exercise much and I'm up 2.5 lbs.

Here come the excuses but I'm hoping this is the case for others:
1. I didn't weigh the same time today as I usually do but (on the other hand) I haven't "checked-in" in a week or so, so the fact that I'm up is really getting me down because I figured after 1-2 weeks of not weighing in I'd at least be down a pound
2. TOM is coming I know this can cause a weight gain but 2.5 lbs?!?
3. about 2-3 weeks ago I put my scale on a more level hardwood surface. It was on tile before in my bathroom and I think that it had me weighing less that I really do. Ever since I moved the scale, the number has been higher so I feel like the weight it shows now is more accurate (which is more weight) so that just gets me down. Now I feel like it'll take me 2-3 more weeks to lose the weight that I've gained by moving the scale.
4. I KNOW I need to be exercising more but lately have not been able to find the time to do so.....and the worst part? I can't exercise tonight because I'm going visit some girlfriends from back home and they're having a "Mexican night" dinner so I may very well end up going over on my calories again this week. It'll probably be at least 10-10:30 before I get home but I've been waking up extra early for work lately so I know I'll be ready to just go straight to bed.....then, immediately after I leave work tomorrow I'll be getting ready to go to a rehearsal dinner for a wedding!!!! I am realllllly going to try to wake up even earlier tomorrow and hit the pavement (if only for a 30-40 minute walk/jog)
5. Lastly, I'm pissy as hell because we bought a new gym membership and the gym isn't open yet. I think it will be at least 3 weeks....just pisses me off because I was really excited and motivated but we just keep waiting and waiting for the damn gym to open. I can't wait til it opens, I promise you all that I WILL be more committed and start making that ticker move just like all your tickers are moving and grooving.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my bullish just had to get it out....phew!

Love all of you!!!!

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Please try not to stress over something so trivial. I'm up 4 lbs., myself. Also TOM. It always rights itself after. But stressing over a couple of pounds will make you crazy. Bodies fluctuate. Long-term trends, my friend. :flowerforyou:
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're almost at your goal weight. I wouldn't sweat it. Just keep on keeping on!!!
  • MaruManic
    MaruManic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I dunno about most women but before/during my TOM I can gain up to 4 pounds that slide off as that week comes to a close. 2.5 might just be water weight plus your TOM weight.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Ok....I get what your saying and i dont think your making excuses! I think you are trying to justify this to yourself and make yourself feel better....when really, you dont need to! You are doing really good! 2.5 lbs is not a big deal AT ALL! You should be proud of yourself! besides, are you on some strict diet and trying to lose a certain amount of weight by a certain date????If not, dont sweat it! This is a lifestyle change (atleast for me) and the only way for it to work in the long term is for there to be some wiggle room! You cant beat yourself up everytime you gain a lb....you will go crazy that way....If you get way off, and gain 10 lbs, then think about re-evaluating your habits! Otherwise, have a great time tonight, try to eat healthier tomorrow to make up for it....and in the end it will all balance out!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think you have to take those 5 reasons that arent going well for you and make them right..you have the control mexican food or not..there will always be temptation and other things we could be doing...so sometimes it does mean getting up 45min earlier or going to bed 45min later to reach your goals stay accountable ..eat responsibly within your allotted calories....its a rant we all have them ..and we all have excuses ...but we also have goals thats why we are here ...so you just gotta put whats more important first