Heart palpitations still 3 days later after high dose of caffeine

13»

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    have you seen a cardiologist yet?
  • jennifer8989
    jennifer8989 Posts: 59 Member
    Thank you ! Were would I be able to purchase it .?
  • jennifer8989
    I have to follow up again with the doctor in order to be referred . Nov 5 I'll be seeing my doctor .
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I pick up Gastrolyte, which is a powder packet, at my local pharmacy.
  • jennifer8989
    Great thanks so much !
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    The only time I ever had dry mouth like that was when I was pregnant with my 2nd. I'd drink a gallon of water by noon. I tested negative for gestational diabetes but then my baby was exceptionally large and had problems regulating insulin when first born...if you think something isn't right make sure to be an advocate for yourself.
  • jennifer8989
    I'm sure something isn't right I will keep going until I get my way I know that caffeine dosage must of threw something off made something go hay wire for sure . I've had my heart checked through ultrasound a few years ago everything was great and healthy I say around 2012-2013 . Also all recent test have been normal twice . To me it sounds like something somewhere is out of wack and is causing this episode of what they call sinus tachycardia .
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Dehydration can cause palpitations, so that might have been a good answer and not a brush-off at all. Low blood pressure can cause them, too.

Do you ever get migraines in your medical history (I mean, not just now)? That was part of why they figured my case of this was just a minor autonomic nervous system problem. Do you sweat more during exertion? That was a another thing.

Your rates are lower than mine, so try not to worry as it gets checked out :):) If they put you on medicine, that will definitely fix the high rate, so the symptom is very fixable at least.
  • jennifer8989
    Internet is not helping came across (pots) I'm terrified literally having a mental break down this is such a terrible feeling . I'm terrified of having to take meds to regulate my heart for the rest of my life
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Do your best not to worry too much before you know. I had to take diabetes medication for over a decade. We have to eat and drink every day, and brush our teeth daily. If you do end up taking a pill daily it's not the end of the world.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    I am extremely sensitive to caffeine. I have atrial fibrillation and coffee will cause me to have to take a trip to the hospital.
  • William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    At this point, it's not the caffeine that's causing you problems OP. You're probably just over thinking it and causing yourself panic attacks lol. Just..chill.
  • cafeaulait7
    Internet is not helping came across (pots) I'm terrified literally having a mental break down this is such a terrible feeling . I'm terrified of having to take meds to regulate my heart for the rest of my life

Aw! No, I don't even have POTS and I do apparently have an ANS glitch. Yours may be a spell of something, so even if you did have to go on a medicine, you might not have to stay on it. Mine's the same medicine they had me try for a month first for migraines, so I know it's safe to just trial (if your doc says so, obviously).

I swear even if it keeps up (which it certainly might not) it's not a big deal. I promise :) Palpitations actually don't cause problems; they just can feel that way because they feel so strange! Your pulse isn't very high. If you have anything, you don't have it badly.
  • jennifer8989
    Thanks so much ❤️ I'll keep you guys posted
  • jennifer8989
    So I just got back from my second follow up . They told me everything I was experiencing was normal.

Showering ,cleaning , walking around , taking stairs are all normal reasons for your heart rate to go up over 100 and even into the 120 130 . But tachycardia is more when your resting and your heart rate shoots over 100 or your sitting down and your heart rates goes into the 160's for example . I was told to look out for things like that . Other than that everything looks good and I got the okay to back to the gym !:D
  • cafeaulait7
    Awesome! I'm glad you checked back in :)