Bad day cheat meal ruined whole week

Options
My diet was ok through the week but yesterday I had a cheat meal which set me over my calories by 1000 the week was bad had couple cheat meals but yesterday was the worst
First time iv slipped on my diet

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Not a slip. You had a meal. You lived. And today is a new day! Nothing you can do about it, so onward and upward. Great opportunity to learn something too. What was the reason you "slipped" so badly? Under eating? Over training? Something emotional happening that day/week? We have all been there, and it sucks...but you are recognizing it right off the bat and THAT is the key to success. :-)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It happens. Just log it and move on.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    The danger in obsessing when you go over your goal is that you might give yourself permission to stop trying.
    Just treat every day as a new chance.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Luckily there is no time limit to losing weight (aside from dying) so you probably have nothing to worry about. So you spend 1 more week at your current weight? Don't sweat it :P

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    OK. Move forward. Don't look back.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    OH NOES YOU RUINED ALL OF THE EVERYTHING!!!
    Ok, not really. You just set yourself back a bit. It's all part of the process. Don't beat yourself up, you'll just make it worse. Simply return to your regularly scheduled calorie deficit, like it never happened.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    You're fine. Today is a new day and you can start right back where you were.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1000 calories over your goal is made up for in one day of deficit (assuming you're set to lose one pound a week). It's just a setback. It will only ruin your whole week if you let it.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Not a slip. You had a meal. You lived. And today is a new day! Nothing you can do about it, so onward and upward. Great opportunity to learn something too. What was the reason you "slipped" so badly? Under eating? Over training? Something emotional happening that day/week? We have all been there, and it sucks...but you are recognizing it right off the bat and THAT is the key to success. :-)

I work in a pizza place they had a left over free pizza they gave if to me it was free could not resist
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Who can resist free pizza? Not me!!

You didn't actually ruin the whole week. You possibly cancelled out a day or two but not the whole week, That would take more like 4000 calories or more depending on what your settings are.

It is okay to have a slip like this occasionally. Breath. You're fine.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and let it go.
  • ckfox95
    ckfox95 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Breathe....it's ok. You are not the first and won't be the last. It's not a cheat day it's life! Just move on, today is a new day. By the way pizza is my weakness also.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, all or nothing thinking is way more harmful to your progress than 1000 additional calories. BTW, I kind of loathe the 'cheat' label. I used it the other day after I ate some fish & chips, and it made me cringe. It's not 'cheating.' It's just eating. Lying about your taxable income to the IRS? Cheating. Paying someone to go to the SAT test site with your ID and take the test for you? Cheating. Buying your term paper off the internet? Cheating. Conducting a hot affair with the copier repairman while you tell your husband you're working late on a project? Cheating. I'm sorry but I just don't see how eating a piece of your neice's Tres Leches cake or enjoying a pizza and beer night is cheating. It's not how you usually eat. Got that. But it is a way that every one of us occasionally eats. So just record it, if there's a trend that disturbs you deal with that, and lose the whole 'cheat' mentality as much as possible if you can.
  • DaleCannard
    DaleCannard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I slipped up big time today, bad breakfast, terrible lunch, MacDonalds for dinner and finished off the left over Halloween treats,

It was ugly but it's all logged ready for a better day tomorrow ,
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

"had couple cheat meals"
    "yesterday was the worst"
    "First time iv slipped on my diet"

Does. Not. Compute.

A couple of cheat meals ... and *then* yesterday ... "first"?

• RaquelCowell
    RaquelCowell Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do find that logging the meal is punishment enough and then I just move on. It's not about perfection. It's about being mindful.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I finally realized that slipping up is its own punishment. I just won't lose as much this week. Other than that, I just have to get back up and get back on track.
  • alizesmom
    alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Having just gone over by 728 calories, I really needed to hear these remarks. I agree that "logging is punishment enough". Tomorrow is a new day.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    It happens- today I went out to eat- twice. Thing is I didn't (and couldn't) finish the potato chips that came with my grilled chicken I had for lunch, AND later I got a chocolate shake with my hamburger and small fries and could only drink about a third of it. Yes I'm sure I went over my calorie goals, but in the past I would have definitely polished off all of the chips and the shake. It's what you eat MOST of the time- it's how consistent you are day after day and week after week when you see real, long lasting progress that translates into just eating a bit differently than you have in the past. It's NOT a diet- it's a life change.